Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
TSXmike said:
to hear what it sounds like before you spend the money and time on installation? some ppl prefer a quieter ride and therefore wouldn't totally benefit from a cai

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
houstontsx said:
yeah what he said, but maybe to compare it to k&N?>
i would think they all just sound the same considering they do the same thing

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd find a comparison handy too FWIW.

I'm thinking of getting an Injen CAI (but would have to ship it to the UK) so would like to hear before I buy as I don't want anything too outragous.

Darren

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
^^ damn im impressed!

ill be picking me up one of those

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
rrrrrrrrr6

·
Registered
47 Posts
God that sounds awesome. Definitely got's to get me one of those.

Nice one Hondaman for posting that up.

Darren

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
02-Type-S said:
God that sounds awesome. Definitely got's to get me one of those.

Nice one Hondaman for posting that up.

Darren
No problem...glad to help. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
If anyone cares, the AEM CAI is a much easier installation. No bumper removal. The cone sits up high so no chance for hydro locking engine. It does sound a little more "raspy" than the Injen.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
do you have pics? how does the cone sit higher? because i thought that tubing goes thru the 'hole' it attaches right to the filter..i cant imagine how it could sit higher without it being in sri mode

·
Registered
47 Posts
There seems to be a lot of talk about hydrolocking but I'm wondering just how significant a risk it is. I can see both sides of the arguement and as a result (of living in sunny England ;) ) am torn between the Injen CAI, which is the preferred route or the Comptech Icebox, which is not as good but will reduce the risk.

Has anyone actually had problems with hydrolocking here and if so under what circumstances ??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Darren

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
02-Type-S said:
There seems to be a lot of talk about hydrolocking but I'm wondering just how significant a risk it is. I can see both sides of the arguement and as a result (of living in sunny England ;) ) am torn between the Injen CAI, which is the preferred route or the Comptech Icebox, which is not as good but will reduce the risk.

Has anyone actually had problems with hydrolocking here and if so under what circumstances ??

Darren
These threads cover hydro-lock concerns well:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2369 (see posts on page 2)
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2834
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2642

I think jjoanissetsx is mistaken...the AEM is an SRI configuration. Also, remember the Injen is convertible between SRI or CAI configurations.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
02-Type-S said:

Darren
i live in vancouver, british columbia where we average about 1100mm of rain annually..i dont feel that there is that big of a chance of hydrolocking..unless you really do drive thru a flooded street..or like a river..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the response chaps.

Seems to me that it's not that much of a problem so Injen it is :D I occasionally get into situations when it's raining hard and I end up aquaplaning through standing water (on the motorway) but this is only a few inches of water.

I've done a search on here though and have yet to find anyone that has actually suffered from this phenomena. Does anyone know of anyone that has messed up their engine in the wet ??

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
02-Type-S said:
Thanks for the response chaps.

Seems to me that it's not that much of a problem so Injen it is :D I occasionally get into situations when it's raining hard and I end up aquaplaning through standing water (on the motorway) but this is only a few inches of water.

I've done a search on here though and have yet to find anyone that has actually suffered from this phenomena. Does anyone know of anyone that has messed up their engine in the wet ??
It's really nothing to worry about. Where I live, when it rains it pours and I'm not worried about it. I have heard of people hydro-locking their Civics on www.ephatch.com, but that was due to people driving through flooded streets (water levels above the bottom of their cars). The Injen CAI filter for our cars (CL9) sits higher up than the one for the Civic EP3 (I have installed them both), so it is a little less risky for us. Lastly, I have never heard of this happening on our cars.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts