Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just noticed that the "cover" behind the door handle on the inside of the car is missing on the drivers side. So now the screws are visible....has anyone else had this fall off or go missing? I'm assuming it fell off when I opened the door one time. Sorry I don't have pix to better explain myself but it is the
little plastic/rubber piece that is directly behind the chrome part of the door handle that you pull to open the door from the inside.

As a side note, the doors have the same kinda "cover" in the little dip that you grab when closing your door from the inside. I have had this "cover" get removed when I was vacuuming inside there. I dunno if it's just me but these parts appear extremely cheap!

Thanks for the feedback!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Shouldn't be falling off like that, you might want to attempt a dealership warranty claim on this one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

Just wanted to update everyone and let you know I got the part replaced by the dealership free of charge. It was a pain in the butt and i'm still upset that this type of thing would happen to a brand new car but i'm glad it is all resolved.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
wow....that sucks.. good to hear you got it replaced ok.

The cover in the door handle to close the door is the same stuff as what you have inside your cubby. You can just remove that and clean it then put it back in. I think that was their intent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts