Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 non-navi with XM. I know the 06 was the first year with the headphone jack under the arm rest.

I want to install the headphone jack from an 06 into my 05 radio and wire it up. I don't want to install a Blitzsafe adapter, because I like doing an OEM setup. The headphone jack is also a universal adapter so I can plug my droid, mp3 player, etc to play music in the car.

I went to car-part.com, and the 05-07 non-navi radios are compatible in both timelines according to the site (so my 05 stereo would work in the 06 without a problem). So I am confident that my 05 radio can handle the AUX wiring.

What I was hoping to find out is how the headphone jack is wired to the radio. Or does the 05 already have the wire harness, but not the aux adapter.

Thanks for your help.

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
let me know if you find the aux wiring harness for a 06+ cause i did teh 06+ navi swap in my car and that s something im missing and really want but cant get the part off any oem parts place online im not sure about the stealership

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
The headunits from the 04-05 are different from the 06-08 models. The 04-05 do not have the Audio Unit Connector C (6-pin) connector for the AUX input. It would also be missing the circuitry to detect/switch to the AUX input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts