Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I have a TSX i-VES DVD entertainment system that i got from a friend. I just have the DVD player itself and not the 7 inch LCD screen that comes with the kit. I was planning to install two 5 inch LCD screens in the headrest of my 2004 TSX and plug it into the factory dvd player that i have. The problem that Im having is that the Accura Factory DVD player doesnt have a RCA jack in the back that i can plug the tv's to.
Here is the website for the installation instructions for the i-VES DVD entertainment system, http://www.handa-accessories.com/tsx.html

Any suggestions or help on my project would be appreciated. Has anyone done this before?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, you might not be able to use that with an aftermarket monitor. If it uses a standard composite video out with a single signal and single outer shield wire in the harness, you can cut those two wires and solder a RCA end onto it. A lot of the newer factory video systems use seperate RGB signal wires and these formats are NOT compatible with aftermarket monitors. You will need to find a wiring diagram and/or pinout of the DVD player's main wire harness to find out for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts