Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up Fam, searched the threads and the net and cant seem to find solid info on the topic. I just got my Comptech IceBox and I plan on installing it this weekend, my question is, do i NEED A TUNE ? or can I safely run it without tuning the car ? Thanks in advance.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,669 Posts
Is there a K & N part number that can be referenced for use with it?
it's whatever panel filter fits the OEM box. fyi, it's not a perfect fit as the CTE foam filter panel is a bit larger. the workaround from preventing unfiltered air through is using weatherseal on the edge of the lid to seal everything up, although i've read some people not doing it at all because the fitment was fine.

the only other thing to consider is how big of a difference in surface area there is, i.e. if the CTE filter has a larger surface are to let air through vs. the k&n that has a smaller one. i never measured, and i have no idea which flows better. the difference is probably negligible.

·
5 Six
22 Posts
it's whatever panel filter fits the OEM box. fyi, it's not a perfect fit as the CTE foam filter panel is a bit larger. the workaround from preventing unfiltered air through is using weatherseal on the edge of the lid to seal everything up, although i've read some people not doing it at all because the fitment was fine.

the only other thing to consider is how big of a difference in surface area there is, i.e. if the CTE filter has a larger surface are to let air through vs. the k&n that has a smaller one. i never measured, and i have no idea which flows better. the difference is probably negligible.
Thanks for the feedback

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.