Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Great writeup, great review, great points, great presentation and great attention to detail!

Nice work, hope this helps others buy this....I wish I had seen this a week earlier prior to my CT sts purchase.. :/

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
Great review, useful.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
One of the best review I've seen on this site!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
One of the best review I've seen on this site!
+1. I totally agree! The detail that went into this was awesome!!

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Thanks everyone - Today was the first real "daily drive" (back to work after the holiday weekend) and the commute was definitely a little more fun...
I hate to break it to you, but the fun won't last long, haha. What I mean is that you'll get so used to the short shift that you forget that it's a short shifter and you'll start to think that it's normal. I totally enjoyed it the first week but after a week or two, it felt "normal" to me. I thought the short shifter was broken, hahaha.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
First off, damn that is sweet. Second, I guess I need to step up my review game when my new parts arrive cause that was a great review man.

Now I need to pick this up for the new car along with a lowered Mavin shift knob.

·
Triple Platinum Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hate to break it to you, but the fun won't last long, haha. What I mean is that you'll get so used to the short shift that you forget that it's a short shifter and you'll start to think that it's normal. I totally enjoyed it the first week but after a week or two, it felt "normal" to me. I thought the short shifter was broken, hahaha.
I know what you mean, and this will happen with anything - intake, reflash, etc, etc...

First off, damn that is sweet. Second, I guess I need to step up my review game when my new parts arrive cause that was a great review man.

Now I need to pick this up for the new car along with a lowered Mavin shift knob.
Thanks for the comment on the review. Looking forward to seeing the new parts! You'll enjoy the shifter!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I met up with Sandin this past Thursday, and he let me drive his car with this SS. I must say after driving my car down there and then driving his I was more than impressed.

I have a Comptech SS, and who knows what else. I bought it used, I might have solid shifter bushings.

I took it through a low speed run just to get a feel for it. I ran his car through 1-3 gears. Comparing to my CT SS the biggest thing was the smoothness. Gear change lengths were close to mine, but gear engagment was just amazing. I could compare it to my S2000, althought that is probably a bit longer throw ;) It feels like a stock car just with so much more.

Once I have the extra funds to purchase one of these I will. Or maybee a Christmas gift from someone ;)

·
Triple Platinum Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How much and where do we buy one of these from?
This is from Post #119 in the original shifter thread:

Ok, so for those of you ordering a short shifter kit. This is what is included for the $155 shipped price. Shifter, shoulder bolt with washer and nylon insert nut , Teflon infused lithium grease pack, safety cotter pins, and finally a new push nut for using the oem pin instead of the shoulder bolt (for those of you that decide to use the oem piece). Everything pictured here is automatically supplied by me when you order a shifter kit :). Optional and very highly recommended as shown in post#90 are MtecIndusties spherical bearing (less side play) + $10.99, and the new stronger and smoother shifter ball bushing (better gear engagement feel) +$7.50.
Just PM Bardi (username: awoc)...

My review is based on using the shoulder bolt (rather than the OEM pin), and upgrading the spherical bearing and shifter ball bushing. Both area really easy to do. You'll know exactly what to do if you watch the install video and go to the car...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts