Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SoCal TSX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I am trying to do. I would like to hardwire my MyFi XM Radio and was looking to purchase a converter. However the converter that is made for the TSX with Navigation is no longer being made (Blitzsafe). So I was thinking of getting the one made by Soundgate and just adding the three wires that go to the Nav unit. Is there anyway to find out if the radio's themselves are different for navigation and non-navigation (wiring connector)? Does anyone have this info?

Thanks for any help,
Larry

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
yes, the navi and non navi cableing is differentm, i believe you have to cut open your snhod and modify it to work, ask one of the mods, one of them have it installed i believe, sorry not much help,

bump

·
Registered
54 Posts
lardawge said:
Here is what I am trying to do. I would like to hardwire my MyFi XM Radio and was looking to purchase a converter. However the converter that is made for the TSX with Navigation is no longer being made (Blitzsafe). So I was thinking of getting the one made by Soundgate and just adding the three wires that go to the Nav unit. Is there anyway to find out if the radio's themselves are different for navigation and non-navigation (wiring connector)? Does anyone have this info?

Thanks for any help,
Larry

What do you make they aren't being made anymore?? I just bought one a few days ago for a friend of mine, and my other friends bought one last night.

http://logjamelectronics.com/blitzhonsnyitiv2.html

-Jimmy

·
Registered
4 Posts
IMPORTANT AVAILABILITY NOTICE: (01/20/05) This device, as well as all the other equivalent devices by the other manufacturers, are out-of-stock here at Logjam Electronics and at the respective manufacturers. This out-of-stock situation has been created by a royality dispute between the manufacturers and the original patent holder. We have been informed that this situation is nearing an end and product will begin to flow back into the pipeline within the next four weeks. Any orders previously placed, and orders that will be placed between now and the time we get product again, will be shipped in the sequence in which the orders were received. Keep in mind, we NEVER charge your credit card until your order actually ships. Therefore, there is no risk in placing your order with us. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may cause but we are at the mercy of the manufacturers.
- - - Logjam Electronics Management

I believe Logjam are taking orders for the unit, but its being backordered. Once they get the dispute resoloved, and more units are made, then they will ship them out to whoever placed an order. Basically, there's a waiting list.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ahh well, guess I missed it but my packaged arrived this morning anyway. If post instructions on how to make since it's fairly simple.

-Jimmy

·
SoCal TSX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, this is all that is needed.
I ordered one today, I will know shortly if they have them instock. I will post my findings.

Thanks Everyone,
Larry

·
Registered
54 Posts
Courtesty of Mojo from Acurazinc.com

http://www.chrishorne.com/gallery/SNHOND3

Purchase the audio harness for the Accord (P/N 08A31-0E1-010) from any Honda place; it's around $30. Split open the outer jacket of the SNHOND3 cable to expose the wires. Specifically, we need the brown, blue, and orange wires in the SNHOND3 cable. Cut the female end of the Accord adapter off, and cut back the outer covering. There's a couple of grey shielded cables inside of this one- one has a grey and orange wire, as well as the metal shielding. Cut back all other wires, and expose the grey and orange wires, and twist the shielding into a wire. Next splice (either by cutting the SNHOND3 cable's brown, blue, and orange wires, or exposing the wires and soldering in, or by using an inline crimp; I cut and soldered for a cleaner installation) the lines together like so:

Accord grey -> SNHOND3 brown
Accord orange -> SNHOND3 blue
Accord metal shielding -> SNHOND3 orange

Note that the SNHOND3 cables are straight through-you're just Y-ing off the three wires to the female connector.

Once all of this is done, seal with electrical tape or heat-shrink. You'll end up with a cable like the last cable pictured (see link). Unplug the white connector under the Navi (when the CD changer tray is removed), plug it into the female connector. Then plug the SNHOND3 cable into the Navi and into the interface.

Hope this helps.

-Jimmy

·
Registered
54 Posts
sygyzy said:
What does the ICE Link do then?

Does the SNHOND3 disable factory XM?
The lcelink enables the usage of playlists, and steering wheel controls. Yes, this will disable your factory XM if i remember correctly. If you want both, you'll need to get a multi source adapter to switch between XM and the Ipod. Or you could just say **** XM and use the Ipod as I can't stand XM at all.

-Jimmy

·
SoCal TSX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Jimmmmmmah!!! said:
Courtesty of Mojo from Acurazinc.com

http://www.chrishorne.com/gallery/SNHOND3

Purchase the audio harness for the Accord (P/N 08A31-0E1-010) from any Honda place; it's around $30. Split open the outer jacket of the SNHOND3 cable to expose the wires. Specifically, we need the brown, blue, and orange wires in the SNHOND3 cable. Cut the female end of the Accord adapter off, and cut back the outer covering. There's a couple of grey shielded cables inside of this one- one has a grey and orange wire, as well as the metal shielding. Cut back all other wires, and expose the grey and orange wires, and twist the shielding into a wire. Next splice (either by cutting the SNHOND3 cable's brown, blue, and orange wires, or exposing the wires and soldering in, or by using an inline crimp; I cut and soldered for a cleaner installation) the lines together like so:

Accord grey -> SNHOND3 brown
Accord orange -> SNHOND3 blue
Accord metal shielding -> SNHOND3 orange

Note that the SNHOND3 cables are straight through-you're just Y-ing off the three wires to the female connector.

Once all of this is done, seal with electrical tape or heat-shrink. You'll end up with a cable like the last cable pictured (see link). Unplug the white connector under the Navi (when the CD changer tray is removed), plug it into the female connector. Then plug the SNHOND3 cable into the Navi and into the interface.

Hope this helps.

-Jimmy
This is great thanks!
Larry

·
SoCal TSX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for that! I was calling around and could not find it for less than 50. I will order it now.

Thanks again for all the wonderful info,
Larry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts