Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought the buddy club N+ coilovers from Ruandy from this forum. can anyone generally answer my questions but before i do id like to give some background information so you can better answer my questions.

I do alot of daily driving. I dont want to slam my car. im still running my stock rims but I want a noticeable drop with the same or maybe a little bit stiffer ride than my stock shocks. I live in houston tx so the roads are not all that bad. but mind you I drive a shit load of miles. about 3000 every 6 weeks.

heres my questions

(1)- what settings are you running front and rear? with softness and height.

(2)- how do i measure the height on the damper before i install it to the right height? i want to drop it with no fender gap at all.

(3)- about how much - camber should i expect on this drop without a camber kit? (my camber kit should be coming in sometime this week for me to install)

THanks in advance!

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
1. Lower you go, the stiffer I'd go. I'm running about a half finger gap all around but I'm on 18's and i'm set to max stiff up front and 10 clicks towards stiff in the back. I've tried max in the back too, but you feel like a bobble head when driving. People usually do 8 clicks front and 8 clicks back to start off.

2. Since the coils are adjustable once they are installed on the car, you'll have to do some fine tuning. There is a great How-To on adjusting buddy clubs on this forum by tsxtasy

3. Before I got my alignment, my front were -1 degrees and the rears were about -3.5 degrees.

Here is a pic before alignment

and here's a picture i refer to when I forget which way is stiff, and which way is soft

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
I love the reference pic. Does it just stop clicking when you're at the stiffest?
yup. I put it on max soft and count the clicks. 16 is the max stiff, so I stop right when I hear the 16th click for the fronts. You can spin it a little bit more after the 16th click but I always stop on the click.

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
I'm currently running

12.5cm front and back (measurement between the top of the spring lock and the bottom of the screw lock.) and 8 clilcks at the front and 10 clicks at the back.

I prefer the back to be slightly more firm than the front.

No bouncing around and no jarring ride, IMO its just right.

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
next time i have the car up i'll take some pictures.

overall and strut measurements.

·
LED Addict
874 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here is final install. I was rushing and took me like 1 and a half hours to do with help from my buddy.

Rides almost like stock. I hear some fender rub in the front at times.. im super super low but ill change it when my lip kit comes in.

Im hearing some creaking noise on my right rear shock anyone know what that could be?

Front 11.5cm /8 stiffness
Rear 11.25cm/10 stiffness

·
Registered
185 Posts
Damn thanks guys for posting this. Just ordered my Buddy Clubs yesterday and gonna put em on my 04 SSM with ASpec all around. Can't wait to see how it looks. :)

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
I prefer the front to be stiffer because that's where I rub.
I aren't super slammed so i don't rub. I prefer the rear to be stiff as it makes the turn in better and minimizes a little bit of the understeer. I don't have a thicker RSB at the moment so I have to work with what I've got.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
freddy you wont be disappointed. they ride smooth like butter!
what kinda drop u looking for . cuz if you dont know exactly how much drop u want. your gonna be stuck all day adjusting. thats why i asked those questions in my post so i can do it one shot! I aint about that life.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thinking about a finger space of wheel gap. I don't wanna rub when I turn the wheel all the way that's about it. Any suggestions on Dampering?

·
Registered
185 Posts
After purchasing the buddy clubs I can barely afford lunch for myself. It's what happens when you're young and in college.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts