Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i know a lot of you probably dont like these and might think they are ugly. hopefully we can let that besides the fact cause i dont want your opinions just your ideas oh how to mount the rear one cause it is 36 inches long and the mounts end up close to the rear mufflers.

here is a pic of the under side of the car (hopefully you dont mind dabuda its the only one i could find.)

so i am wondering if anyone has any ideas for how to mount it. the only thing i have come up with so far is to mount two smaller ones but i dont want to have to spend more money than the kit i already bought.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Can you clarify in words or with another photo where the issue is as I'm not sure I understand the problem? Are the tips touching the body kit?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the mount on the end of the undebody neon tube which is 36 inches, the mounts end up being on top of the mufflers and you can not screw it into the muffler so i am asking for some ideas

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
OK, I think I'm with you now... The pix didn't show the tube so I was confused. If you post photos of the tubes with the mounts it would help me visualize better.

But assuming the tubes have "fixed" mounts and are permantly attached to the ends you need to develop another mounting method. Again, without seeing the tube and not knowing its diameter I can only suggest ideas,

1. Attach the tube using several plastic "wire ties" you can find these almost anywhere like Radio Shack, Home Depot, etc.

2. If the first suggestion doesn't look strong enough, go to Home Depot, Lowes or other hardware store and look for "U" shaped PVC clamps. These are available in different sizes (1/4 - 2"+) and have small tabs that are bent 90 degrees at each end. There is a clearance hole in each tab for mounting.

These are normally used to mount gray electrical PVC pipe for external wall mounting. As long as you can keep them from touching anything really hot, this should work. The nice part is you can space them anywhere along the length of the tube and attach where convienent.

Hope this helps, keep us posted ;)

·
John Frusciante Wanna-be
345 Posts
I actually have the same problem, my LED's are good except for the rear one wont fit.. I am hoping that when i install a new custom exausts it might clear up the problem, but I am sorry I dont have any suggestions, because I am in the same boat..

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have found that if we could find a 30 inch led rod it will fit underneath

1 - 7 of 7 Posts