Acura TSX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking with my acura dealership today and 1 of the guys there new a lot about cars.So i was talking to him about the tsx...he says its gonna be a pretty quick car for what it is and that acura built it with performance in mind.He said with intake headers and exhaust the car will be smoking stock tl-s because the engine is such a high revver.He said its a tuned down s2000 engine with just restricted air flows on the exhaust and intake ,etc.....he also said since the car is being made in japan u can expect a million parts..and already companys are making performance parts for the us version....the dealership is called park ave acura in new jersey...they are a real good dealership...they install intake and other performance parts and warrenty some aftermarket parts like all comptec parts and aem intakes

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK....
The S2000 engine, ant the K24 DO NOT share ANY parts! They are part of the same family of engines... that's about all they have in common. Restricted airflows in this case imply: completely different head, valves, cams, etc. Not even the block is the same, the S2000 block has carbon fiber reinforcements that are cast in for rigidity, and titanium connecting rods. It's built to take 9000RPM's and last a long time.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
I found this thread whilst searching for header discussion. I'm surprised to find how this spells almost complete mis-information on just about everything discussed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.