Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently replaced my stock im for the skunk2 pro series im. after i was done my car gave off a very high pitched squeal after i turned it on so i quickly turned it off after 10 seconds of idle. another note is that my rpms were at 2000 and i smelt something burn. idk if it was just the fuel that felt onto the top of the im when i swapped it or what.
the noise was almost like a supercharged whine but extremely loud and present when idle. car is na as well

thank you

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sounds like a really bad manifold leak. I’d take it back apart and make sure your gasket is shaped properly for both the head and the manifold. Check all vac ports on the manifold, make sure throttle body gasket and mounting faces all match up.

An alternative is to use an automotive smoke machine to track down your leak.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, yes i had reput on everything and i realized the nut on the bottom left was barely tightened which is a silly mistake by me. one more question, do you know where that grey (i wanna say vacuum) hose that connects to the under/back side of the stock manifold is supposed to go on the skunk2. i guess i’m asking if it’s deletable. the line goes from the backside of the im to the black vacuum switch ( located to the left of the fuel rail and above the power steering pump). and then a 2nd hose comes out of it and i am not sure where it goes to. but i believe it goes to a motor mount to soften vibration in the cabin or such

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thank you, yes i had reput on everything and i realized the nut on the bottom left was barely tightened which is a silly mistake by me. one more question, do you know where that grey (i wanna say vacuum) hose that connects to the under/back side of the stock manifold is supposed to go on the skunk2. i guess i’m asking if it’s deletable. the line goes from the backside of the im to the black vacuum switch ( located to the left of the fuel rail and above the power steering pump). and then a 2nd hose comes out of it and i am not sure where it goes to. but i believe it goes to a motor mount to soften vibration in the cabin or such
I’m not as familiar with that manifold but if a port isn’t provided, you’ll have to get an adapter to tap into the vacuum hose to the brake booster, if you would like the active motor mount to operate.
There are “universal” vacuum tees out there with multiple sizes of barbs built-in and you trim each part of the tee to fit your hoses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts