Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Type of intake recommendation for a 04? Just looking for a simple mod that works best for the car! ... Injen? Aem? Icebox? ... Thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Use a high flow OEM replacement filter like K&N, remove the resonator in the bumper/fender well, put a short tube on the end of the airbox with a velocity stack. Basically a poor man's Comptech icebox. If you want more noise you can remove the baffling in the stock airbox. Google DIY comptech airbox for TSX. This should give you an idea what i'm talking about. This is half done, i ended up trimming the elbow to raise the inlet as high up as possible to avoid pulling water into the motor and building a bracket to hold the inlet in place, attached to the old resonator mount on the frame.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Marcus at Heel Toe did a comparison years ago and the K&N CAI had the best results at 5 whp with no tuning. I have it on my '04 and love it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Marcus at Heel Toe did a comparison years ago and the K&N CAI had the best results at 5 whp with no tuning. I have it on my '04 and love it.
I agree with the k&N typhoon cold air intake. It is easy to install, it looks great, and it sounds fantastic on top of the performance gains. One thing I did was get a Dremel tool and cut little gaps into the fake air vent so that it would become a real air vent and send cool air directly to the filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts