Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats good CL9ers. Giving my 2006 TSX some love this year after neglecting her for a while due to having twin girls a few years back. The front passenger has a small tear where the passenger's back sits thanks to a metal piece on my wife's dress catching it, and i was planning to replace the seat. maybe both. I'm hoping someone can guide me to which year seats will have the same wiring and be simple direct swaps. 04 is out since it lacks power controls on the passenger. Would i be safe with 05 and later? i've found a good looking 08 passenger on ebay for $250 shipped, but i would hate to find out the wiring was different and i couldn't use it because of a different airbag or something like that. Thanks in advance for your responses.

PS- before you say it, I know euro R is the best option, but i don't want to compromise safety messing with stuff like removing airbags or dealing with an airbag light always on.

·
Registered
259 Posts
As far as I know 06-08 are all the same. Not sure on 05. I know from experience, bought 07 seats to replace those in my 04... Not a direct swap. I ended up swapping just the leathers to make it work. Leathers are also slightly different but if you get/have the plastic trim panels for the seat bottoms you can make it clean.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
appreciate the response shandolo. was hoping someone else who still visits the site regularly had dealt with seats from different years and could tell me definitively before i throw a couple hundred bucks on a chance with an ebay seat from a different year. hopefully someone sees this before i get too fed up with my damaged passenger seat and pull the trigger.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think if you were able to compare the seat bottom plastic trim between your 06 and an 08, your answer would be there. If the plastic panels are the same, chances are very high the leathers are too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts