Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been back and forth with John from JDP Engineering and I brought up the possibility of making a carbon fiber front lip for the 06-08 Front bumper.

This was attempted in the past but they were unable to gain enough interest in this. Seeing that the 06-08 is a little older and is now a "more common" car we might be able to give this a shot and have it become successful.

Now the Details we need a minimum 10 people with a Non Refundable deposit of 50 each now that will obviously go towards the Final cost of the product.
I have already contacted him to help in the Renderings we need made and I asked him to make 3. Why 3 is because more options make it more difficult to come to a decision on which would be the best and also more options will slow the process of having this done. I also have spoke to Marcus CEO of HeeLToe Auto and he is on board to even assist in taking the deposits on HeelToe.com He is even excited to this come to life.

We all love the OEM Euro R lip but with a price tag of upwards 600 dollars it is very high in price. I also Agree OEM fitment is always best but such a product that is not sold in the U.S. comes with a extremely long wait time.
The next manufacturer is VIS also a quality company but they make a replica of the front lip and its Fiberglass not Polyurethane and the cost is around 450. It does not come painted and from what people say they fitment sometimes must be tweeked.

The JDP LIP will be readily available carry and more than generous cost for a quality product and from what 04-05 TSX Drivers say Fitment is excellent. Also Carbon Fiber is something most of us lip to keep as is, so no need to paint!.

With that Said Who's in!
1. Slvrcvc93.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Non-refundable ? That's insane... What if it not a good fitment or there's a defect?
If there's a defect that is different that means you received a bad lip and it can be exchanged now bad fitment is the reason why he is creating one for the buyers to make sure that that is not an issue. The same thing was asked when he produced the lip for the 04-05 Bumper and you can search everyone who has the lip is happy with the quality and fitment and the PRICE!

HeelToe carry's the front lip for the 04-05 and selling price is only $329 and it bolts to all FACTORY mounting points to make it as perfect as OEM. Like I said you can see the reviews or even email Marcus at HEELTOE and he will even tell you The fitment is exact to OEM.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is good to know.. Any pics how it would look on the 06 photoshop, anything.. I might be interested but would like some type of connection to see before placing a deposit..
I just requested the renderings about an Hour before I wrote this I didn't want to write up a post until I had 100 percent support from JDP and I asked the Moderator if he was ok with me writing the post. It was Mayuga that suggested to me to out of courtesy advise HEELTOE because they are a site sponsor. When I message MRHEELTOE "Marcus CEO of the HeelToe He advise that he was on board and He offered to take the deposits and add the information to there site HeelToeAuto.com. Obviously he must have some kind of confidence in JDP to even suggest this.

As far as receiving the actual Photos I'm waiting for JDP this is fathers day weekend and I did write the email at 8pm eastern Time so I'm sure it will take a bit I just wanted to make sure the information is out there. As soon as I have the pictures I will post them asap.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so is HT taking over this project
No HT is not taking it over but Marcus wants This to happen just as much as we do, and unlike last year I made sure that I had already told a few people before I even wrote my post. I also took the initiative to message those who seemed interested last time Mr.HeelToe tried to get this in the works. Iwill also be doing this write up on other forums I'm the member of to help generate interest.

Not including myself I have 3 people that are on board. That's at least 4 but like others they want the rendering. Marcus is helping by letting us use HT.com to make the deposits so that way there is an official site that wants to help generate interest.
And no one Bails out in the last minute.

From what I understand they had 6 people who wanted this last year they just couldn't get the other 4. Also they did not have HT support last year which I think makes a world of difference!
This is a Win Win for everyone in the community.

1. Because now we will have an additional option for our cars.
2. Wait Time will be greatly reduced because it is American made
3. HeelToeAuto.com can have a product that comes right off the shelf so they will help fill orders faster and also gives them an alternative.
4. Cost is greatly reduced because it is a relativity new product but the Group of buyers will increase as time passes when people realize its available. so 1st buyers will get a better deal.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good luck with getting people! I really wanted this lip last year but there wasn't enough interested.

It was on this thread

JDP CF front lip for 06- TSX

and I noticed my picture is gone because i deleted my flikr. But here is really shabby Photoshop I did, Someone else can probably fashion a nicer one.

and this picture is from that thread...from another thread. hah

The tread was about 18 months ago and I dont understand how or why it failed Its a widely popular car just need to be advertised the right way. Most people would buy it if it was already out there. I just do understand why people wouldn't buy into a quality product.

·
Registered
364 Posts
not interested at the moment might get later, can it fit under aspec lip?

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
I thought about it as a splitter also. I have Euro R lip already.

Similar to the spoon splitter on their bumper.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
A fellow TSX'er in NY cut up the oem 06+ A-Spec lip, only left the bottom part of the lip. I think something like that would look great in CF or painted how he has it. I'll see if he has pics to post. I saw it in person and looks great. Maybe HT could use it as an idea.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A fellow TSX'er in NY cut up the oem 06+ A-Spec lip, only left the bottom part of the lip. I think something like that would look great in CF or painted how he has it. I'll see if he has pics to post. I saw it in person and looks great. Maybe HT could use it as an idea.
Great minds think alike. I said the same exact thing to john from JDP and he agreed I said to him it would look similar to a 2000 civic Si lip or the Accord Tourer front lip.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.