Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just about to post up asking if anyone was interested in an 04-05 Mugen rear spoiler rep and I saw a number of other interest threads without much recent activity.

Whats up with this car? You'd think that there would be all kinds of demand and possibility of making parts. Is it that we, being one of the few with the means and resources, are not pursuing the right projects? Our experience with the JDP lip and the FLP spoiler (which took YEARS to gain any traction) left a sour taste in our mouth for making parts here. Can we be pulled in to really make more items?

I had all kinds of ideas. new grilles, roof spoiler, wider front fenders, a hood...but I am just too nervous to jump and make anything that won't have any pay-back.

Thoughts?

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
Oh an also maybe a 04-05 Euro R Grille but instead of the "H" you put the "A" instead. i think these 2 items (06-08 Mugen rear spoiler, and 04-05 Euro-r with an "A") i think would have definite buyers. Especially since people are getting their tax returns back and people want their cars looking good for summer.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
i'm more partial to the 04/05 one. assuming that's the flat one, right?

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
as far as rear spoilers

06=08

04-05

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'm a big fan of your lip and your spoiler. Unfortunately for me, I'm still young and have tons of bills coming out of college to drop as much money as I'd like into my car.

"I had all kinds of ideas. new grilles, roof spoiler, wider front fenders, a hood...but I am just too nervous to jump and make anything that won't have any pay-back."

Grilles, roof spoiler, and wider front fenders sound like great ideas! As much as I'd like to get your products, it won't be for sometime. Don't be discouraged though. I'm a big fan of your shop and your activity in the community.

·
FILIPINO FURY
261 Posts
Wider front fenders! Don't make them fiberglass... metal is better.. so we can still roll them..

·
Bardi
1,346 Posts
The die alone to make them out of metal is going to be huge money. I am all for wider front fenders. Out of carbon with glass back layer to keep cost down, but strength up. I would love to put money down for this project :).

As far as the wings go, I think they will be very low sales for you. To make the investment on a mold and only sell 10 pcs is not worth anyone's time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i'd be interested in the 04-05 mugen wing or a different grille. just got car a little over a year ago and am still working on it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Ventilated Fenders!

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
Wider front fenders! Don't make them fiberglass... metal is better.. so we can still roll them..
this is true... i know a couple guys from lexus forum cant remember the forum name but they all have done fender work with metal... but then again there all on bagged...

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
how about a " Modulo Voltage " front bumper group buy ? .... since its the new trend...lol

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Im down for a replicate euro r grill but with the A emblem. If you look at the past post somewhere regarding it, there were lots of interests however the company that supposed to handled the job had bail out of the project.

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
I doubt there would be much interest with the mugen spoilers.
There was a thread about doing something similar to the BMW and Lexus spoiler. Maybe that would be a more promising avenue to explore?
How about LED tail lights?

·
n/a
8,573 Posts
I doubt there would be much interest with the mugen spoilers.
There was a thread about doing something similar to the BMW and Lexus spoiler. Maybe that would be a more promising avenue to explore?
How about LED tail lights?
sorry dude, that's my project. lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
Not a fan of the big spoilers as it makes me look like a racer. I like the more subtle ducktail or M3 lips. M3s are all over ebay so no point in wasting your time... but I like the Lexus IS lip.

Other than that, I just bought a house so not much in extra income over here :(

1 - 20 of 87 Posts