Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I recently bought a 24 LED for my Dome Lights, 2006 TSX. It seems to work fine but the problem is that when the switch is on auto, whenever I close my doors and lock it, it seems to be lit a little but not completely as if it were on. But if I were to switch it to "OFF", it goes out completely, is there a solution to this problem? Not sure if I'm kinda giving out the right image haha

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have the same problem. I've just learned to live with it but would also like to know if there is a solution. It also flickers when I start the car, not sure if it's just the OEM battery being dumb as usual.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Trust me I've left my car sitting longer than a week at times. The only harm that will cause the battery to die is if you leave something on for too long without the car running. My dad left the dome lights to idle after turning off the car for 5 minutes and it died. Can't wait till I can grab a Red Top.

·
Registered
446 Posts
LED's draw a pretty small current, I wouldn't worry about it draining the battery overnight if its not completely on.

There's a possibility that some power is just back feeding from the control module for the lights and with a standard bulb, you don't see any light because its such a small voltage

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just replaced my interior lights with LEDs and had the same issue. I think it was sending power to the OEM bulbs too. I've had problems ever since I got the car with it being slow to crank after a couple days of non-use. I always assumed it was the POS stock battery even though it's been replaced 4 times.

I think this has probably been the problem. Hopefully it straightens out now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.