Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped by the shop to pay a visit to my "sick" car today before I went to work. There is another Satin Silver TSX next to it !! That make me think of something interesting. I suddenly realize that almost all the TSX (that I saw on the road) in my area are Satin Silver. 99% for sure. I saw 1 Carbon Grey and 1 Arctic Blue. That's all. I didn't see any other color in the MA area.

Once I saw 2 Satin Silver TSX parked on the same street. 3 or 4 cars apart.
It seemed like Silver is the most popular color or maybe Acura just made many more Silver than any other color.

Silver is the most popular color, I guess. Not sure if it is the most desired color though. Maybe it's because people couldn't get some other color so they settle on silver. Not in my case. My first choice is silver.

What color is your first choice ?
What color do you settle for ?

Could be interesting discussion :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Satin Silver is indeed one of the most popular colors, but it's not really as prevalent as what you've been seeing. There have been a number of polls etc. about this on all the TSX sites. Satin Silver and Carbon Gray are the two most common colors, usually just about tied.

I have Carbon Gray, which WASN'T my first choice. It wouldn't even have been my second or third choice; it just was a color that I could get faster than the others. If I had the full range of choices, I probably would have taken Meteor Silver or Arctic Blue.

But within about two minutes I loved the Carbon Gray. And no regrets.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I've only seen one other Arctic Blue TSX on the streets other than mines. Majority of the TSXs I see on the streets are either Satin Silver, Carbon Gray, or Nighthawk Black.

Carbon Gray was my first choice, but back in May 2003 I would've had to wait 4-6 months to get a CG. So instead I opted for an ABP color TSX. No regrets anymore! I guess my car's color is one of the rare ones.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
larchmont said:
Satin Silver is indeed one of the most popular colors, but it's not really as prevalent as what you've been seeing. There have been a number of polls etc. about this on all the TSX sites. Satin Silver and Carbon Gray are the two most common colors, usually just about tied.

I have Carbon Gray, which WASN'T my first choice. It wouldn't even have been my second or third choice; it just was a color that I could get faster than the others. If I had the full range of choices, I probably would have taken Meteor Silver or Arctic Blue.

But within about two minutes I loved the Carbon Gray. And no regrets.
Do we have the polls on this site ? It could be interesting if we do a poll.

When I chose the color, my first choice is a tie between Meteor Silver and Satin Silver with Satin silver having a slight edge. Now that I have seen 99% of the TSX are Satin Silver in my area. I would like to get the Meteor Silver.

Though I heard that Pearl White is the most difficult to find color.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2004_Acura_TSX said:
I've only seen one other Arctic Blue TSX on the streets other than mines. Majority of the TSXs I see on the streets are either Satin Silver, Carbon Gray, or Nighthawk Black.

Carbon Gray was my first choice, but back in May 2003 I would've had to wait 4-6 months to get a CG. So instead I opted for an ABP color TSX. No regrets anymore! I guess my car's color is one of the rare ones.
Interestingly, I have never seen a Nighthawk Black, Red and Pearl white on the street yet. Not even once....isn't it weird ? : )

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Diesel said:
Interestingly, I have never seen a Nighthawk Black, Red and Pearl white on the street yet. Not even once....isn't it weird ? : )
I guess it depends on the region. I've seen all the colors of the TSX on the street, but only once I've seen an ABP and an MSM. Surprisingly, there are quite a few PWP and Milano Red TSXs here too, but not as common as the three colors I listed earlier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts