Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody purchased any acura accessories at invoice?

i'm trying to make my gf get the 17" "Silver Star" Aluminum Alloy Wheels but she doesn't want to spend 1k on acura rims.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, does anybody have pictures of the silver star on the tsx?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
its called personal preference my friend.

you see, i do not like to sacrifice performance for appearance. an automatic tsx is slow as it is. i don't want to make it slower by adding in 18/19 inch rims. besides, the msrp for the silver star is 1k. i'm sure i can get knock down atleast 200. that's 800 for quality oem acura rims which looks pretty good to me.

if i was to purchase a tsx, i would purchase a 17x7 or 17x8 le28n with toyo proxes t1-s for maximum weight reduction on each wheel. however, this is not the case. my gf, like many other females i know have no interest in modifying there vehicles to such extent.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
ATSX said:
its called personal preference my friend.

you see, i do not like to sacrifice performance for appearance. an automatic tsx is slow as it is. i don't want to make it slower by adding in 18/19 inch rims. besides, the msrp for the silver star is 1k. i'm sure i can get knock down atleast 200. that's 800 for quality oem acura rims which looks pretty good to me.

if i was to purchase a tsx, i would purchase a 17x7 or 17x8 le28n with toyo proxes t1-s for maximum weight reduction on each wheel. however, this is not the case. my gf, like many other females i know have no interest in modifying there vehicles to such extent.
I can understand if the rims you are buying are a great deal lighter than oem, but to me that 1000 can be spent to better performance...instead of mainly updgrading appearance....basically what I'm saying is, you can get more performance out of $1000 than changing the rims.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if the best i could do is msrp ($1k), i wont be getting the silver star.

yes, you can get more performance out of 1k than changing rims, but the fact is my gf will not get a cai, exhuat, or any other performace enhacing modification. she just does not care for it.

·
JDM > Mugen
324 Posts
so you are trying to make ur gf spent 1k on a stock rim that she doesn't really want in the first place?
D:a

anyways here is a pic... dunno whose car is itthou

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chocodai said:
so you are trying to make ur gf spent 1k on a stock rim that she doesn't really want in the first place?
D:a

anyways here is a pic... dunno whose car is itthou
no.

thanks for the picture. the silverstar looks so much better on the acura website.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts