Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Jeff
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read through a couple of these also and I think it'd be easier to ask some general questions

05 TSX w/o Navi, and I would preferably like an iPod connection, and through some extensive research, I found that Grom audio or iSimple would be the best bet for this addition to the TSX radio. My questions are:

- Would the addition drain a lot of battery with it charging the iPod? I read somewhere that it charges continuously even with the car off, so I was wondering about that

-Can someone provide me a general guideline to install the device to the back of the stereo? So far, I only know to take out the storage bin below the radio but I'm not familiar at all with the cables. And the negative part of the battery should also be unplugged?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I use the dice integration. I had the isimple initially but the dice works better with nav in my opinion. I have my dice cable running into my glove box and have the ipod stored there.

Install is very easy, just pull out the cubby under the headunit and you can feel around for the place to plug in the integration kit. No need to pull out the entire unit.. I didn't unplug the battery either.

In terms of power drainage..I was first concerned about it but it hasn't caused any issues for me.. I'm still on the crappy OEM battery

·
Jeff
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it possible to get a picture/link of how to access the back of the radio? i pulled out the storage bin below the oem radio, but with the ac being right below the radio, all the wiring is confusign me =\

and I think the USA spec pa15-hon2 looks promising with its low price

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
Once you take out the storage bin below, there is one port directly above the storage bin area you just revealed. That is where you plug it in.

I also use the USAspec and love it. In regards to charging, it will stop charging after the car is off. Since the cable on the USAspec is quite long, I actually routed mine along the center console into the center armrest compartment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts