Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 05 TSX with Navigation this weekend. Next step is installing the Ipod connector and (if possible) bluetooth.

I hoped there would be a sticky for the compatible products and installation instructions. Also searched through the forum, but could not find any recent thread. If anybody has done this recently, can you tell me which products to go for? If there is a relevant thread, can somebody give me the link?

Thx

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
i just received mine, its pretty decent........didnt get the bluetooth though as i already have that in the 07. So im unsure of how good that works but the usb is superb......its more versatile if you ask me.

But there is no text display if your car dont have XM.......actually you could update the firmware with the XM emulation, it displayed the track name and such on my navi, but on the upper screen it did not.

i just checked the coupon code "winter10" still works, so you'll save 10 bucks

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the same platform as you... 05 TSX w/NAVI

Your best best would likely be the isimple Gateway model #ISHD571 plus the Blustream add-on module. This sounds like exactly what you are looking for. The GROM unit mentioned above looks like the same thing, however, I have never heard of this product. The isimple unit is very popular and is confirmed to work, as I myself have it installed.

After purchasing the Blustream module, however, I decided to go with the HDRT for HD radio instead. If youre interested, I'll sell you a brand new/unused iSimple Blustream unit for $75 shipped.

http://isimplesolutions.com

Let me know if you're interested in my Blustream module...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does the Grom USB still allow you to use the XM/Sat Radio feature? Also, to what extent does the text display? I currently have the isimple, however the sound quality is sub-par.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts