Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my 2010 "Certified Pre-Owned" V6 on Saturday and by Monday I brought it in to the dealer to have two issues checked.

1. Was a thud sound from the suspension
2. Was a weird creaking/grinding noise when turning the steering wheel.

Keep in mind, the vehicle passed it's "certification" back in October 2012. According to the dealer sheet, everything checked out OK. The day I purchased it, it also passed a New York State Safety Inspection.

Two days later I am being informed by the dealer that the creaking noise was coming from a SEIZED Rack and Pinion. At this point, I am pissed off. How does the car pass a certification only two months ago, to sit on your lot until December and now it has a SEIZED rack and pinion? That doesn't happen overnight! On top of that, if the NYS Safety Inspection was correctly done, that should have been noticed.

I feel scammed having paid all this money for something that they never really checked correctly. They obviously didn't inspect the car correctly, both for the Acura certification and for the NYS Inspection. Not only am I wasting time having them do the repairs but I am also feeling like I didn't get what I paid for.

I am going to call Acura and see what they are willing to do to make the situation right and if not I am going to consult with a lawyer. They don't seem to care that this is a huge safety issue because had the rack and pinion broke, I would probably be dead!

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
Get your butt to Rallye Acura Fast! i left Paragon a longggggggg time ago and didnt look back!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a certified pre-owned Honda once that had (unknown to me at the time) rear ended somebody and had a core support that was bent back into place and re-welded, yet had the "inspected for accident damage" checkbox as "Meets Honda standards".

I've since learned that both Carfax reports and the CPO designation are to be taken with a grain of salt and get your own inspection by a mechanic you trust. I still like CPO because of the warranty bump, but I'll never interpret it to mean I don't have to get the car inspected ever again.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
CPO owner here. I bought my 06 TSX CPO in May 2011. car was relatively clean, but the dealer dicked me over on some broken grill pieces, as well as not revealing the shitty maaco respray on the front of the car.

If I were to do it again I would buy privately and save a ton of money, and still be able to find a clean car.

·
Registered
786 Posts
As far as I know, honda/acura and nissan buy their cars at auction sites from nj and pa. They just look at the car and if it looks " clean." it will be considered CPO. I know this because my boy is one of those who buy cars for those dealerships in ny ... sorry but you really need to contact ralley acura and get your money back or get something else.

oh yea and btw CPO is one of the biggest scams dealerships sell to their customers who don't want to pay for newer cars.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I purchased my 2009 TSX w/ technology package as a CPO as well. I must say I thought it was an excellent purchase as I had a few issues with the car and they resolved every single one of them. The next car I purchase will definitely be a CPO. I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your new car. I'm sure the dealership will get it resolved for you.

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
The good thing about CPO is the warranty. Other than that, it is pretty much a ripoff. It's like when you take your car in for an oil change and they do that free inspection. They just quickly glance over the car and see if there's anything that is obviously bad. I remember I had something that I wanted to eventually fix myself because I was aware of the problem, but the inspection didn't catch it.

The good thing about Honda/Acura is that the cars are usually reliable so that CPO cars that aren't really inspected still won't have issues. Unfortunately it seems that OP found a bad car at a bad dealership.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
It would be one thing if it was something designed to just give you warm fuzzies about your purchase but most dealerships I have been to here in fl actually charge more for the vehicle. It's a bs ploy to make more money and make you feel like your getting something. It's only worth something if someone believes it, besides that its a myth of a guarantee.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts