Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm a new member here and I've searched and come up empty. We just purchased a '04 TSX and there is considerable condensation inside the passenger headlamp housing....a few days back the headlight went out altogether. I've been researching what it would cost to replace the housing, the ballast, and the bulb, trying to diagnose the guilty culprit..... and my head is spinning. PLEASE, PLEASE....can anyone tell me if there is an option to convert the entire system to a simple halogen or LED solution so I am not sinking hundreds and hundreds of dollars into a simple lightbulb change? Being a lifelong Honda owner, I bought this car for our kids to drive because I trust Honda's reliability...not because it was a luxury model. I did have my mechanic look it over. Got a fairly good bill of health. However, had I done more research and found out about the headlights, I may have thought twice. The car runs and drives fine...other than the navi and touch screen which I've all but given up on. If anyone knows of a way to change the lighting to a simpler, more cost effective system, I'd really appreciate it. If anyone knows of a kit, bulb list sizes, or parts they've had success with, that would help, too. My understanding is that there are 2 bulbs in the housing: hi beam-H1, low beam??? There are no fogs on this car (future project???) If someone could clue me in on what size the low beams are....also, is there a way to bypass all the ballast/HID business and just convert to a halogen or LED bulb?

I'd need to know:

-- what size bulbs?
--and would it be wise to just replace both headlamp housings and associated bulbs while it's all taken apart?

I've read it's easiest for a newbie to remove the bumper for work space and visibility. I think a buddy and I can do it if I just have the right info......looking forward to your input....THANKS!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Low beam bulbs are D2S.
You may find LEDs that "work" without the HID system, but it's doubtful the beam pattern will be what it is supposed to be.
I've owned two 04 TSX over the past seven years and 150k+ miles of driving. I have replaced one igniter, and one set of bulbs (before I figured out the problem was the igniter). Fix the problem with the correct OEM parts once, and likely never have another major problem. If you go aftermarket you may be decreasing the reliability of your lighting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts