Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
it's fine as long as your intake does not get submerged in water. So to summarize, intake underwater = bad.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Wouldn't that be the best thing to use? lol

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
Oh HAI!!

Got mine from a tuner shop out in the Sahara Desert. Think they sold out though. :slant:

Man that's terrible news money talks though, how much will it take for you to let yours go? Seriously

·
Registered
25 Posts
-30c (-22f) here yesterday and -25c today, no problems with my cold air intake.

I do need to keep my heat off\low for a while to get up to full operating temp though, I'm unsure if that's actually related to the intake though.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
Damn that's F'in cold!! The colder outside the longer it will take to reach operating temp. I'm surprised the temp gauge even moves at those temps lol

·
Registered
264 Posts
-30c (-22f) here yesterday and -25c today, no problems with my cold air intake.

I do need to keep my heat off\low for a while to get up to full operating temp though, I'm unsure if that's actually related to the intake though.
Exactly what I was saying... I do not have a CAI but, the DIY intake, K&N and TB bypass, it was not even cold outside in Quebec(0°C) and was having trouble to get to the right temperature, I also needed to keep the heater off before leaving with the car.

You can make fun out of him (Not the one quoted but others), but if this guy is new to cars and has not the habit to check is temperature gauge or have the habit to go directly with it, it is very bad for premature wear...his question was legit and only a few gave him good reasons and what to check if he ever get a CAI in these cold winters...(Canada only knows!)

I find this forum very useful sometime but, it is a shame to see that other people are quick to bash or to say:"Do your search!" it happened too much time trying to search to finally find the answer with destroyed grammar...Damn! Learn how to write before bashing guys! (BTW, I speak French...)

I never see a guy on K20a bashing for a newbie question.. weird !?! A lot there knows so much REAL technical stuff and could feel a lot superior to the ones who only throw wheels on their cars and make the technical stuff made by others... but they are not.

Just sayin...

J~

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
My questions wasnt even answered i live in MA i dont want to suck up water!
I don't see how your OP question is not answered... Yes it's okay to run CAI in cold weather, and if you are afraid about the water, then just spend ~$20 and get a hydro shield from Injen for peace of mind.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts