Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 TSX with 126xxx miles, and still am running the factory clutch, i had a tiburon and the clutch gave out at 140xxx, so i was wondering if i should go ahead and get a new one? A few of my friends have driven my car and said that it's slipping in higher rpm's. Either way I'm going to buy a new one, what would you guys recommend? I'm thinking about going with an Exedy stage 1. And what weight flywheel has worked best for y'all?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Exedy stage 1 is the upgrade, most people use a RSX flywheel of some sort to go with it.

I went with the OEM exedy, hck1001, from rock auto personally as I was something the wife can drive just fine.

As far as do you need to replace it, thats up to you if the slipping bothers you. I'm getting a rebuild/worse and went ahead and bought one to have on hand.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Get the exedy 8.9(?)lbs fly wheel (RSX type). I bought the stage one with the superlight flyw but never installed it bc warranty ended up covering mine. Wish I could of though. Dealer wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I figured I have another 10k miles before I HAVE to do it, so i may start saving up now so i can have it on hand when the time comes. Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts