Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Turns out I need a clutch.

So I am wondering if the OEM Exedy Pro Kit clutch is a good clutch; and also how is the Exedy Stage 1 clutch ?

If not this brand, what other brands are good, not too expensive tho. I can these these clutches under $350

I hope I get some information soon as I need to place the order asap.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
856 Posts
The OE Exedy kit is the choice for GR WRX owners who want to stay near OE (I'm to understand it is slightly better than factory). That's all I can say, WRX is still on factory clutch and probably going with Southbend or ACT and the TSX is an automatic.

I can't imagine it not handling your NA power levels, whatever they may be.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The OE Exedy kit is the choice for GR WRX owners who want to stay near OE (I'm to understand it is slightly better than factory). That's all I can say, WRX is still on factory clutch and probably going with Southbend or ACT and the TSX is an automatic.

I can't imagine it not handling your NA power levels, whatever they may be.
Alright, so are you saying the Exedy is a good choice for my 6 speed manual TSX ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I rolled with the Exedy OEM replacement when it was time. 10k miles so far.
Its cheap and holds fine and feels like the stock clutch as far as pressure plate force.

And just since I didnt say it, yes it is a very quality product from a well respected brand. +1 recommend

·
Registered
856 Posts
Alright, so are you saying the Exedy is a good choice for my 6 speed manual TSX ?
Yes, I think so. If you're planning to build and make big power or sincerely track the car, I might reconsider. But, for enthusiastic DD, yes.

·
Banned
205 Posts
I got the exert stage1 clutch but for that u would need te fly wheel with it I spent about 500 for the kit and it works amazing it sounds beasty aswell

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
Yes, I think so. If you're planning to build and make big power or sincerely track the car, I might reconsider. But, for enthusiastic DD, yes.

I concur. I have had 2 Exedy clutches before and both performed great.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I did an exedy OE clutch since I am running boltons. So far I have really liked it. I replaced both the Clutch and the Flywheel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts