Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of the Gen 1 TSX's that I'm seeing for sale in the Bay Area and Monterey Country, CA area, so many are just 10k or so below the 100k mile mark. Is there something about the TSX hitting 100k mark causing it to blow up or extremely expensive maintenance requirement I'm not aware of?

Please edjumakate me :laugh:

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm at 141K with no issues

There are several services specified in the manual that need to be done right around 100K miles - spark plugs, coolant replacement, possible valve adjustment- on top of whatever routine service that needs to be done. Do them yourself for about $60 in parts and call it a day. A properly maintained Gen I car will run long past 100K if driven sensibly

·
"That's what she said!"
118 Posts
I'm at 130,000 miles with my 04. I've owned the car for two years and no problems what so ever. Just maintain it properly, and don't abuse of it, and you'll be fine.

·
, Administrator, TOTM Coordinator
6,858 Posts
I personally know a TSX member w/ 200k+ Miles, and his TSX is still running strong.

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
We have a "what mileage" thread.

At 183,000, all basic work done and no problems.

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Dang some of you guys have some serious mileage put on. I'm about 500 miles away from hitting 100K. No issues other than my power steering rack going out about 20K miles ago.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
06 tsx, bought new 11/17/06. Have all service done by acura/honda dealers. Has 122k problem free miles

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts
At 100k the car is finally broken in. :laugh:

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Dang some of you guys have some serious mileage put on. I'm about 500 miles away from hitting 100K. No issues other than my power steering rack going out about 20K miles ago.
Yup, closing in on the Elite 200K Club.:D

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
dam i only have 26k... then again i barely drive it lol...

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
90k is a common number for used cars, people normally own a car until it hits 90k then they avoid fixing the car and trade it in for a newer car. as long as the history is great then there shouldnt be any issues, except if you can hussle the dealership to replace the spark plugs for you otherwise youre going to look for something else.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There's nothing magic about it- more of a mental thing than anything else. Hell, my TSX will be the FIRST car I've ever sold BELOW 100k- usually I run to 160k or so before I look for something else.
Of course, it's not the mileage driving this sale...:hmmph:

·
Registered
347 Posts
We should have a low mileage thread too...

I bought my 2007 in Jan with only 24,600KM on it and now it has just over 28,400KM on it.

Can anyone go lower?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
We should have a low mileage thread too...

I bought my 2007 in Jan with only 24,600KM on it and now it has just over 28,400KM on it.

Can anyone go lower?
Inkedup has like 9,000 miles on his TSX

1 - 20 of 23 Posts