Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyway to make this car fast w/o spending like 10 grand to do it ---just decently fast --bc right now i cant stand how slow it is going from a maxima---thanks

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Fastest way - spend 6K and get a TL ???

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
For HP...CAI, Exhaust, Headers, Hondata Heat Gasket, Re-Flash, Turbo/super charge..

Some provide good gains for the price some not so good. Not sure if those are going to make it as fast as you want. But they are a start.

The problem is the tsx isnt "fast" per say. It is ment to be like that.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Did you not test drive the car before you bought it? Didn't you notice that it's quick but not really quick?

I wouldn't pay 25 kilobux for a car unless I was sure I was going to like it.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
TL really isnt that fast either bud, it u want something fast go take a look at the EVO, I practicly shat myself driving that car

·
Registered
157 Posts
As of late, there are a lot of posts about speeding-up the ol' girl.
get an M3 and you'll be fine ; :drool1:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes i did drive the car b4 i bought it and frankly i wanted the tl but all i could afford was the tsx so i opted for the tsx bc it had all the options my old maxima had (except the maxima had a few more options) but the tsx had navi which i liked--i use to like the EVO but its not a good car for the long run, and an M3 is like 65g's haha im all set with that ---guess its just a waiting game from here on in--thanks ne way guys

·
Registered
954 Posts
Well, one could argue that you should have gotten something fast like a Mustang GT (which is cheaper than the TSX), but if you're only considering sedans, here's a short list of comparably priced cars that are "faster" than the TSX:

1. Audi A4 2.0T
2. Dodge Neon SRT-4
3. Pontiac Grand Prix GTP or GXP
4. Honda Accord EX V6
5. Lexus IS300
6. Mazda 6s
7. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
8. Nissan Altima 3.5SE/SL/SE-R
9. Nissan Maxima 3.5SE
10. Subaru Impreza WRX
11. Subaru Legacy GT
12. Volvo S40 T5

Granted, this list gets really small if you start considering other things like standard features, reliability and handling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts