Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I test drove a TSX at Feder's Acura in Middletown, New York. They quoted me a price of $25,977 for an '05 TSX non-navi, spoiler, gold badges & gold exhaust tips. Is this a good price? Also another question: I'm getting the NBP. Do you think the gold will be too gawdy?

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
Well, I got my NBP TSW w/ Navi for $27,525, so if you subtract the 2Gs for the Navi, I guess that's a decent deal. Plus you get the spoiler which is supposedly $500 right? Maybe someone with that combo can help you out, also take note that there was a $200 increase in the MSRP.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I think this is really a good deal considering that it includes spoiler and gold badges and exhaust tips. I paid $26,500 for my TSX non-nav back in May 2003....and it included in the price were the spoiler, wheel locks, trunk tray, and metal trim kit. The gold I think will look fine on an NHP TSX.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's a very good price, even better than what I paid $26,849 for '05 CGP TSX 5AT, w/o nav, wing spoiler, wind deflector and wheel lock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for your input. I am so excited and cannot wait to get my TSX. Once I know a tentative date I'm making an appointment to get my windows tinted the same day. Surprisingly,the NBP/ebony interior was on the lot already. Right now the only thing stopping me from getting the car is I have to sell my Honda Civic which hopefully won't take too long. Otherwise I have already been preapproved for the auto loan with my credit union. Also I told the salesman I prefer not to buy a car in the winter(I live in New York) never have and never will. So right now I'm pushing for April.

Anyone who lives within close proximity of Middletown, New York I highly suggest Feder's Acura. Joe, the salesman made it a very pleasant, non-pressured experience. He couldn't find the pricing for the gold tips for the dual exhaust so he just threw them in for free. Besides, once I had my test drive I think he knows I was sold. BTW, I notice a lot of people got the wheel locks. I'm assuming the prevent the wheels from being stolen? Is this something you would highly recommend?

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
I'd say get it.

Even from Acura, the wheel locks aren't that expensive, and it's just another passive deterrent to theft. You can never have enough of those.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Revenent said:
I'd say get it.

Even from Acura, the wheel locks aren't that expensive, and it's just another passive deterrent to theft. You can never have enough of those.

Just spoke with the salesman @ Feder's Acura and the wheel locks are n/c.

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
PrincessTSX said:
Just spoke with the salesman @ Feder's Acura and the wheel locks are n/c.
See? The ultimate non-expensive price. :)

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
You can almost always get the wheels locks for free.\

So, there was a black on black on the lot!!?!?!?!?!? No navi though which sucks, but still that's awesome. Winter is almost over, I say you purchase now since you may not be able to get as good as a deal come April...but who knows and the car most definitely won't be there come April.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
virtualbong said:
You can almost always get the wheels locks for free.\

So, there was a black on black on the lot!!?!?!?!?!? No navi though which sucks, but still that's awesome. Winter is almost over, I say you purchase now since you may not be able to get as good as a deal come April...but who knows and the car most definitely won't be there come April.
Actually, there were 2 on the lot. One with the parchment leather and the other ebony. The Navi is not a big issue for me, in fact, I was willing to take the ground effects kit over the Navi. Also, the deal holds until whenever I am ready to purchase and if I have to wait for them to locate a black on black not a big issue.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
PrincessTSX said:
Actually, there were 2 on the lot. One with the parchment leather and the other ebony. The Navi is not a big issue for me, in fact, I was willing to take the ground effects kit over the Navi. Also, the deal holds until whenever I am ready to purchase and if I have to wait for them to locate a black on black not a big issue.
That's sweet! Well, hopefully you'll be a TSX owner soon enough! :ben:

·
Registered
6 Posts
looking at all these prices i feel as if i got ripped. bought my tsx with

spoiler, non-navi, wheel locks, trunk tray and all weather floor mats

for msrp, and with taxes it was close to $29,000 in august 2004.

before you all flame me for being a dumbass, i live on oahu, hawaii

and there is only 1 acura dealer on this island. and with the tsx's

selling reasonably well i assumed that was what other people were

paying. i could be wrong but it was love at first sight :) *tsx* and

love makes you do crazy things. lol.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
blazed54 said:

You like to add a space between your lines...kinda reminds me of elementary school paper, LOL :jester:

Well, I'm sure that's a good deal since there's only 1 dealer in Oahu. I was able to get a good price because I would have different dealers fight for my business. You don't have that, so they actually kinda have the upper hand. Hey there's nothing you can do now, so just enjoy the car :nutkick:

btw. what part of Oahu are you in? I just went there to visit some friends right before I started my new job. I was living in Kailua and I also have family in the Honolulu area too. I want to go back since I wasn't able to do everything I wanted to.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Good price. IMO I don't like gold badges but if you like em' and it's your style get em'. People should do what they want with their cars cause it's a reflection of yourself.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I say its a good price....Go for it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
i thought that adding spaces would make it easier to read but now that i look at it... it's actually harder to read :) i live in pearl city btw.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
That price is very reasonable.
If you can afford $27.5K, I'd suggest you give some more thought about the Nav and skip the spoiler and other cosmetic stuff.
Have you read thread discussing the Nav ? Lots prople regret not getting it but no one ever to my knowledge regret getting it.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
blazed54 said:

well actually I have read other posts from people trying to buy from that hawii dealership; and they were asking like 2000 over msrp. So I don't think you really got ripped.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts