Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking out for 07 TSX and I came across this deal and after some negotiation the dealer is asking $19500 before Tax that would be about $21500 OTD

07 Tsx
23k Miles
With Navi
The car is very clean,no dings / dents, clean carfax.

Is this a good deal? and anything else I should watch out for in the car?

Appreciate your honest opinions about this.

Btw, I use own an Acura RSX so I am quite familiar with Acura.

Regards.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. I got my 06 non-navi w/ 34k for 16500 otd. But I'm also in Michigan where the economy sucks real bad. So depending on where you're located it's a good deal.

Also is it pre-certified? If so I'd jump on it if I were you.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Sounds like a good deal, but just remember that the car dealer will make things sound nice and then hit you hard on paper. It's happened to me more than once...

When I was shopping around for my TSX, I found one that I wanted for such a good price: $15900 for an '06 with 24k.

I was sitting down, pen in hand ready to go with the paperwork when the the dealer told me "we're sorry we made a mistake with the pricing, if you're still really interested we can work out a deal. unfortunately we paid $19500 for the car so we can't let it go for anything less than $21500". I walked away.

Found my dream TSX at a small used car dealer, got it for $21800 with only 2253 miles.

Point is, be careful and be patient. Sometimes it may look and sound like a deal, but remember that looks come from good retailers and sounds come from swift car salesmen.

Definitely look out for signs of an unreported accident and abuse from it's previous owner-it most likely is a lease return.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks boywunder. The car does not look like a lease return since its been sold by a BMW dealer. It was a trade in. The car does have a clean car fax and everything under the hood looks normal and stock. It is clean from inside and outside.

Test drive was good, there were no abnormal sound, brakes were good no judder or vibrations.

I know when they start talking about contract they add up hidden fees. I have cleared that out and the negotiations is more on the OTD cost.

The rep whom I was talking to does not know abt Acura much :) He thinks Acura comes only with 3 yrs warranty :)

Thanks...

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just recently bought an 07 tsx with navi just under 35k miles for $18875

·
(: Daniel :)
3,224 Posts
Look at comps in your area to get a better idea. I know prices fluctuate depending on your area as said, example: a car in MD can cost up to $5K less than sold near me in VA. As said, just check it out and I'd have a mechanic look at it too just to be safe incase you don't know everything about it.

For my area I say an 07 with navi and that mileage should be OTD around the 20-21K range...maybe 19ish depending on multiple factors though. In general, that sounds like a decent deal, not amazing but not terrible either. 07s are going for about 18-19K in my area with same specs but about 40K miles. So if other comps in your area are in the ballpark but with more mileage I say go for it. I have more miles on my 08 than that already lol.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
in july last year I paid 18200 I think on my 06 cpo with nav and 55000 miles so sounds good

·
babyloves2danceinthedark
156 Posts
I bought my TSX on March 20, 2010.. 31K miles for a 2007 with Navigation and it was $20,000 so that sounds juuust about right :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. The dealer has emailed me to see if I have made up my mind, so it looks like they are quite motivated to sell.

I am thinking of offering $21k OTD. Right now they are stuck at $21.5k

Lets c, hope fully should have a deal soon.. fingers crossed..

·
babyloves2danceinthedark
156 Posts
Thanks everyone. The dealer has emailed me to see if I have made up my mind, so it looks like they are quite motivated to sell.

I am thinking of offering $21k OTD. Right now they are stuck at $21.5k

Lets c, hope fully should have a deal soon.. fingers crossed..
The dealership I bought mine from wanted $21K and I offered $20K and they didn't hesitate to accept it.. no trouble at all.

Do it to it!!

$1,000 is nothing to a dealership.

It doesn't hurt to ask.. Don't feel like a low-baller.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh alright, so the dealer just mailed back :)
He has agreed on $19k + fees, so it would be about $20900, which I think is a pretty good deal.

What say? :festive:

·
-
1,597 Posts
IMO, only if the car is a 6speed manual trans with a black leather interior.

·
SAS
12 Posts
Oh alright, so the dealer just mailed back :)
He has agreed on $19k + fees, so it would be about $20900, which I think is a pretty good deal.

What say? :festive:
does must be some little fees lol i know it's usually way more then $1,900 for fees, taxes, and crap lol. however, if it is like i would get it, that's pretty good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, sorry for the delay. So as I was replying to the dealer about accepting the offer at $19k some other sales guy already closed the deal for $21 + TTL :bill:

Well so I lost the deal. Luckily they had a fresh 07 TL Non NAVI with 16k miles as a trade in for some BMW and the sales guy whom I was working with offered to put me in the TL :) it was lil over budget so I did few more searches for a TSX else where but they were not in good condition, so finally I made an offer for the TL $20.5 + TTL and they accepted at $21k + TTL so OTD was just under $23k. I thought it was a good upgrade and so far I am happy:)

I really appreciate all the response that I got on this forum.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts