Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

im wondering because i wanna know what the susp set up is... its perfect! it takes away the need for aftermarket wheels... at least for the meantime...its so simple yet elegant and luxurious... so anyone?

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,790 Posts
Im not sure what you're asking about anyone being on "here"... I'm assuming the forum.
The suspension set up will be unknown, unless they know the owner or are familiar with that car - you can't see the suspension from that pic.
That said, it seems like they have coilovers with good drop allowance, camber kits at least in the back, and probably spacers to flush out the stock wheels (hard to tell the fitment, but it seems like its pretty flush with the fenders).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well this looks exactly the same as my setup when i had stock wheels. Tein street basis coilovers maxed out in the front and back. 1inch spacers in the back and obviously rolled fenders. I left mine at stock camber.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not sure what you're asking about anyone being on "here"... I'm assuming the forum.
The suspension set up will be unknown, unless they know the owner or are familiar with that car - you can't see the suspension from that pic.
That said, it seems like they have coilovers with good drop allowance, camber kits at least in the back, and probably spacers to flush out the stock wheels (hard to tell the fitment, but it seems like its pretty flush with the fenders).

ya sry thats what i meant... does this tsx belong to anyone one this forum.... it could possibly be a very small stretch of a chance but just in case someone sees this post and happen to know the owner they could tell them "hey someone is looking for you...."

thanks for the input tho.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,790 Posts
I believe this is Randy Baluca, lives in Winnipeg (my home town!). Never met him, but saw some posts of him, this one in particular, on Honda-Tech. I assume he was or is on here. Active, I don't know. But you have your answer lol! Throw some coils on with 1" spacers and your samies.

Try WinnipegHeights forum. Its the local one there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks so much ppl! Thanks for all the input! Now I know how to achieve that stock yet slemmed look. I'm at a constant debate on how to attack my plans for my tsx...

I keep going back and forth between getting the wheels that I want(xxr 527 gold) then lowering on some eibach springs for the meantime til I save for coils OR go coils and run stockies like the picture. Cause I am gonna be spending some $ on fixing a couple problem spots on the tsx and if my friends dad charges me just a lil more to paint the whole car ill just repaint the whole car PWP or a merceses semi gloss pewrl white(designo mystic pearl white) its carbon grey at the moment.

Anyways what would be a better plan? And why? Or does it matter?

Note that this is my daily. I drive 4 miles city 5x a week for work.

Thanks again ppl

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,047 Posts
Unless you want to drive around looking like you're ready for Monster Truck Madness don't get the XXR's before suspension. Save up and get decent coils. TSX with a nice drop on OEM wheels looks a lot better than oem height on wide wheels :puke:

As for paint I would just leave it CGP. It might be the most common TSX color but if you keep the paint clean\swirl free it will look much better than a respray\non oem finish paint. Will you be painting your engine bay and all the other 'hidden' parts? Sounds like you're getting a budget respray and those never turnout good...

Good luck though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, as far as the paint, my friend's dad co owns a shop and they just painted his DC2 Type R that teal color and it came out really nice.. gloss is so wet look! theyre all certified honda technicians/mechanics and auto body repair technicians. they sed that it all really depends on how much work is involved... but idk i know i dont wanna just do it cheap and have a nice paintjob for 1 yr then it goes downhill after a year.

as far as getting the wheels, my plan was xxr wheels on some lowering springs. ya i would never rock wide wheels on stock suspension.. lol im not into monster trucks :)

but... starting out with coils on stockies is just starting to sound so much better. then just fix the problem spot on the paint and body. then do the whole euro badge conversion to be a lil diff. theres only one other tsx around my area that has honda acoord euro r badges.

hm....decisions decisions...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.