Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does eveyone's TSX's gas light come on, when the needle is not even close to being on the Empty symbol. It seems to be on way to early. Is this normal, or should i take it to the dealer to get fixed? Your feedback is appreciated. (You can Click Thumbnail to Expand image.)

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
seems pretty normal to me... mines about at that spot too... gotta fill her up today

·
Respect!!!
279 Posts
I'll agreee for the block...

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
1/4 Tank

My light usually comes on when I am down to a quarter tank, sometimes even a 3rd. I agree that that is way too early especially since from my estimate, one still has 3 gallons left even when the needle is on E .

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
yeah the gas light comes on pritty early...

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
same here, all systems OK.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I understand it's typical for Honda cars in general.
The TSX is my third Acura, and it's been about the same on all of those.

That doesn't bother me, maybe because I'm used to it. My previous two cars were a Chevy and a BMW, and as I remember, it wasn't much different on those.

What DOES bother me, though, is that on the Nav TSX, the Trip Computer tells you "exactly" how many miles you have left, but it's not an accurate figure. It does show you that you have quite a few miles left when that stupid light comes on (usually about 70), and that's very helpful -- but the figure is way conservative. When it hits "0," you still have probably about a gallon or more left, but of course you shouldn't count on it.

I wish the stupid thing would at least also tell you how many gallons/litres you have left -- a real and honest figure.
But I guess they think we're too stupid for them to trust with that info, that we'd run out of gas all the time if they didn't scare us with the wrong info.
And who knows, maybe they're right.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Yeah...that's normal... I ran it a few weeks ago to the red line and I only filled up 14.6 gallons...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
yes, its normal for the light to come on, it indicates that roughly 4 gallons is left in the tank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts