Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mr GenK-JomBLo
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I change my system with :
Injen CAI and DC Sports header then is Vafc2 necessary to make "huge" differences ?

will vafc2 for around $300 will "worth" with the result I will get after CAI and Header installed ?

Any comments would be fantastic.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Well first off I know what a Vtec Controller is, but never heard of an application said to work w/ a TSX save Hondata of course, a CAI and DC sports Headers wont make a huge difference the car will sound good, ect, but short of Hondata once again, theres really no parts out there (untill the Supercharger comes out) that can make the TSX a fast car...

Personally Id drop the extra 300$, and buy Hondata's ECU...it brings the Vtec down to 5000 RPMS, and lasts up to 7500 RPMS, which is pretty much the same thing ur controller would do anyway, but its also got a great reputation, and is a TSX-Specific part... Id also Wait untill Noel Replies to go either way however...

·
Mr GenK-JomBLo
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MemphisRheins said:
Well first off I know what a Vtec Controller is, but never heard of an application said to work w/ a TSX save Hondata of course, a CAI and DC sports Headers wont make a huge difference the car will sound good, ect, but short of Hondata once again, theres really no parts out there (untill the Supercharger comes out) that can make the TSX a fast car...

Personally Id drop the extra 300$, and buy Hondata's ECU...it brings the Vtec down to 5000 RPMS, and lasts up to 7500 RPMS, which is pretty much the same thing ur controller would do anyway, but its also got a great reputation, and is a TSX-Specific part... Id also Wait untill Noel Replies to go either way however...
Oh ic ..
I just found that hondata is available in australia (their delaer).
fantastic ... Will do more research about it. Thanks anyway ...

any other suggestion from others ?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
acutally CAI and DC header is probly the cheapest and the mod which will do the most gains for u .. consider the 2 combined price is lower than Hondata itself .. ~
abt vafc2 i think we had a thread b4 abt it .. ~ i think Noel and I had some how explain it .. ~ but basically it will help but u will probly have a hard time figure out thsoe "tunning spec" ... it's not just simplely lower the Vtec point with the vafc2 .. ~ u need to spend a lot of time playing with the controller on a dyno jet .. ~ and the result might not be as happy as a Hondata .. ~ it's all abt luck + experience .. ~
good luck .. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts