Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I’m planning on purchasing an Accord Type S Euro K24A3 (analog to the 1st gen TSX) in the future and I’m already establishing a list of modifications I’d like to make. I have been looking for an ITB kit for the K24A3 (stock head, not planning on a K20/K24 build), so far the one that I like is the Toda Racing Sports Injection kit - although it is only compatible with the K20A Accord Euro R.
Since, from what I’ve heard, the K24 is a stroked K20 engine, I suppose these ITBs should fit ? Any further information on this subject, such as recommendations, are welcome.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello all,

I’m planning on purchasing an Accord Type S Euro K24A3 (analog to the 1st gen TSX) in the future and I’m already establishing a list of modifications I’d like to make. I have been looking for an ITB kit for the K24A3 (stock head, not planning on a K20/K24 build), so far the one that I like is the Toda Racing Sports Injection kit - although it is only compatible with the K20A Accord Euro R.
Since, from what I’ve heard, the K24 is a stroked K20 engine, I suppose these ITBs should fit ? Any further information on this subject, such as recommendations, are welcome.

Thank you for your help.
That depends on the head you have, im not particularly knowledgeable about a3s but your best bet to figure that out is to look up (or go to an autoparts store) and look at the manifold gaskets for both your engine and the enging its designed for and compare the bolt holes and ports. (Fyi depending on how its set up, some of the manifolds have certain vacuum lines, coolant passages, emissions equip, etc. You can also call the company and ask. In addition to this, the manifolds on our engings are 2 peices, the first having one runner for each cylinder and the injectors, and the second having sensors, tb and some vac lines. Provided the kit bolts up to that first section (with the injectors) it should be relatively universal and 90% of those maifolds are interchangeable

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
That depends on the head you have, im not particularly knowledgeable about a3s but your best bet to figure that out is to look up (or go to an autoparts store) and look at the manifold gaskets for both your engine and the enging its designed for and compare the bolt holes and ports. (Fyi depending on how its set up, some of the manifolds have certain vacuum lines, coolant passages, emissions equip, etc. You can also call the company and ask. In addition to this, the manifolds on our engings are 2 peices, the first having one runner for each cylinder and the injectors, and the second having sensors, tb and some vac lines. Provided the kit bolts up to that first section (with the injectors) it should be relatively universal and 90% of those maifolds are interchangeable

Good luck with your build and be sure to keep us all updated! We love to see different and unique builds like yours!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck with your build and be sure to keep us all updated! We love to see different and unique builds like yours!

Thank you for your replies. I contacted TODA Racing Japan and this was their reply:
« Japanese CL-9 has a drive by wire system. Therefore we haven't seen the throttle system in detail. ».

Since I live in Switzerland, there aren’t many car part stores (only 3 tuning shops in a 100 km radius). I’m also still under 18 (one must be 18 to drive in Switzerland) so this build would happen in more or less a year, given that I find the right Accord for sale.

Here is the full hypothetical mods list, if I ever have enough money:

Powertrain:

Engine:
  • Toda 4-2-1 header with stock cat
  • Toda cat back (for Euro R, fits any Accord / TSX)
  • Toda Sports Injection kit (for K20A Euro R, hence my question about fitment)
-> In case this doesn’t fit: RBC intake manifold with Gruppe M Ram Air Intake System
  • Toda camshafts (I have yet to ask a tuner which ones would be best for the build)
  • Toda Timing Chain Tensioner
  • Toda Timing Chain
  • Toda Balancer chain
  • Hondata Flashpro
Transmission:
  • Toda lightweight flywheel and clutch
  • Mfactory 5.417 Final Drive
  • Mfactory LSD
  • K-Tuned Billet Shifter with aluminium shift knob

Exterior:
  • J’s Racing front bumper
  • J’s Racing front canards
  • J’s Racing vented hood
  • J’s Racing rear diffuser
  • Carbon Culture spoiler (no wings for me)
  • Carbon Culture rear window visor (opaque, hate the clear ones)
  • Work Emotion CR Kai wheels, tyres have yet to be determined

Interior:
  • Steering wheel yet to be determined (Spoon maybe)
  • Bride seats with Takata harnesses (exact products yet to be determined)

Suspension and handling mods also have yet to be determined. All I need now is money. Maybe I have forgotten a few things. Aiming for 250 hp at the crank. Maybe some weight reduction along the way, and I plan to track the car every few months. Anything you would add?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
TMX26
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing