Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
I spent 4 hours at my local Honda Dealer yesterday, signed the papers and ended up with more than I bargained for ! They threw in a Spoiler and Tinted windows for the same quote price which my previous dealer offered me without it ! So I am getting an Arctic Blue Honda Accord Euro, with Ming Tinted Windows, (the best quality film you can get here in Australia) and also Ming Paint Treatment, which costs a hefty 600 bucks, but protects your paintwork for life against fading, scratching, chipping etc, it puts a protective coat over the duco!

Am I excited yes :) Can I wait? NO !! (Still subject to Finance but I don't see it being a problem!)

Ok I will relax now :jeffy:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Woo Hoo!! That is awesome, congrats in advance!! :D
Joker - who can't wait to see pic's when you get her ;)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Thorn2004 said:
I spent 4 hours at my local Honda Dealer yesterday, signed the papers and ended up with more than I bargained for ! They threw in a Spoiler and Tinted windows for the same quote price which my previous dealer offered me without it ! So I am getting an Arctic Blue Honda Accord Euro, with Ming Tinted Windows, (the best quality film you can get here in Australia) and also Ming Paint Treatment, which costs a hefty 600 bucks, but protects your paintwork for life against fading, scratching, chipping etc, it puts a protective coat over the duco!

Am I excited yes :) Can I wait? NO !! (Still subject to Finance but I don't see it being a problem!)

Ok I will relax now :jeffy:
Congrats Thorn!

My only advice is you might want to rethink the Ming Paint Treatment? almost all paint treatments do more to treat the dealer to your wallet than anything worthwhile for the paint. :rolleyes:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Sweeet!! Congrats on the soon to be purchase :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Congratulations, Thorn! Feels like we've been in on this with you from the beginning -- you've certainly thought it through well enough.
Hope you don't have to wait very long for the car.

Larchmont, who would love to know what Hip edited out. :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joker said:
Woo Hoo!! That is awesome, congrats in advance!! :D
Joker - who can't wait to see pic's when you get her ;)
Thanks !! SHE (my fiance thinks it is a HE!) is coming in mid next week, but it will take a full day for them to tint the car and let it dry! Don't worry I intend to take plenty of photos, I will post some here :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TSX 'R' US said:
Sweeet!! Congrats on the soon to be purchase :thumbsup:

Thanks, it was a pretty stressful day trying to wheel and deal, but heck my Fiance and I came outa it ok, well alive and relieved :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
sweet

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hip said:
Congrats Thorn!

My only advice is you might want to rethink the Ming Paint Treatment? almost all paint treatments do more to treat the dealer to your wallet than anything worthwhile for the paint. :rolleyes:
Thanks Hip :) Yeah I wasn't sure about the paint treatment/protection, I mean the lady did a hard sell on us and we wern't really sure, she said it protects it for life and Honda will totally fix or replace the paint for the cars life (while we own it anyway) if something happens or goes wrong. Sheesh I dunno whether it is worth the dough, I can always cross that off the Acessories/Extra list! The extra quality Ming tinted window film is a bonus though, because we already had the standard stuff added into our deal, so instead of paying 600 bucks for the ming paint job we only have to pay 150 bucks which is the difference between the standard tint film and the better Ming film. The standard film blocks out 60 percent heat, 90 percent UV, the ming film blocks out 90 percent heat and 99 percent UV!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
larchmont said:
Congratulations, Thorn! Feels like we've been in on this with you from the beginning -- you've certainly thought it through well enough.
Hope you don't have to wait very long for the car.

Larchmont, who would love to know what Hip edited out. :D
Thanks Larch, it does feel like you guys have been along for the ride :) I originally found this site when I was hunting around for more screenshots and info on the Euro, I broadened my search to the world and heck that is where I found this forum, and I am sure glad I did :cool: like I mentioned in one of my other replies, it is meant to arrive according to their information, mid next week, but they need it for a day to add the spoiler and to do the tint job, something about the film needing to dry before you use the car, or the windows?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Finance was approved today :) Now all that I have to do is wait for the car to arrive ! I was reading that article 'Confessions of a car salesman', it has some interesting information there, if I had read that earlier I would have been more awake to the salespeoples ploys, like ignoring the fact that we were only 'looking' because we wanted the best deal. I mean the saleslady had us whipped into the sales chair so fast our heads were spinning ! I did use the 'we have been offered so much by a couple of other dealers' ploy, and can you better it ;)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
congrats in choosing the ABP, you'll like it!:)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Sweet!! Congrats. Can't wait to hear your thoughts when you pick it up :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can't wait for it to arrive, I am getting kinda impatient ! :wiggle: I will take some pics and post them along with my thaughts when it finally does arrive :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Some pics of the Arctic Blue Euro, the same color/model as I am getting!

These are of course minus the OEM spoiler and Ming Tinted windows, and the Sequential shift Auto which my Euro will have, but still gives you guys overseas a look at the Australian Arctic Blue, Honda Accord Euro :)

Cloth seats and black interior of the standard Euro, still nice!

What do you guys think? Remember think of it with a spoiler and Ming tinted windows ;)

Pictures were taken from this Arcticle/Review of the Euro:

http://www.autoweb.com.au/A_1939/cms/article.html

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I wanted cloth seats... :bawling:

then I won't feel bad when I switch them out with recaros :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TSX 'R' US said:
I wanted cloth seats... :bawling:

then I won't feel bad when I switch them out with recaros :D
There is no option of cloth seats with the Accura? Wonder why? Maybe coz the Australia version has 2 different models, the Standard and Luxury to cater for different tastes?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Thorn2004 said:
There is no option of cloth seats with the Accura? Wonder why? Maybe coz the Australia version has 2 different models, the Standard and Luxury to cater for different tastes?
The TSX here we only get two options
Auto or Manual Tranny
Navi system or not

It's because the TSX is in the entry luxury market...so no cloth seats...leather to compete with other lux cars. After all, it's an Acura... Though if it were sold as an Accord here, we'll have tons of options for it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just got some bad news from my dealer, the Euro which they were getting from another dealer was sold before I made my deal on Saturday, what does this mean? Delays, they arn't getting another Arctic Blue Euro untill mid June :banghead: :bawling: I know that is only a few weeks away but that is too long :( Apparently that particular color is in short supply :(

1 - 20 of 84 Posts