Pinned VTC
Comptech Headers
Comptech Cat-Back
Airaid UBI CAI
Unorthodox Pullies
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch
Exedy Flywheel
Hondata Reflash

To be clear I've got all the parts, not installed yet. Im just thinking ahead.
I was thinking BC stage 2 cams.
At what point am i going to need k-pro?
Also has anyone tried the BC stroker kit? Is it worth the 3k?
Any other suggestions or advice is welcome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Supercharger :)

Dont know if you already have it but if not coilovers would be nice.
For suspension im going with Koni Sport shocks and H&R OE sport springs.
I want to supercharge it but i gotta figure out all the extras that need to go along with it.

You should have flashpro or kpro FIRST
I'm hoping you can educate me a little. I already have the hondata reflash on my original ECU. Its my understanding that K-pro is a second fully tunable ECU. Does Flashpro custom tune your original reflashed ECU? Also I will need an 08 ECU for Flashpro right?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Check out kelford cams if your looking to go that route and keep the car driveable

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
As far as I know, in order to make use of the vtc advance and the rrc manifold you need a tuning device (k-pro/flashpro+07/08 ecu+harness). Those 2 things won't have gains on a standard hondata reflash.

I would look into that over a reflash, especially since you plan to go further.

My $0.02, good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As far as I know, in order to make use of the vtc advance and the rrc manifold you need a tuning device (k-pro/flashpro+07/08 ecu+harness). Those 2 things won't have gains on a standard hondata reflash.

I would look into that over a reflash, especially since you plan to go further.

My $0.02, good luck!
Thanks for the info.

So what has more gains/advantages, Flash Pro or K-Pro? Looks to me like the flashpro would be a little more expensive because also need to get a new ECU with it. Can i keep the 04 ECU with the K-Pro?

·
Registered
722 Posts
For suspension im going with Koni Sport shocks and H&R OE sport springs.
I want to supercharge it but i gotta figure out all the extras that need to go along with it.

I'm hoping you can educate me a little. I already have the hondata reflash on my original ECU. Its my understanding that K-pro is a second fully tunable ECU. Does Flashpro custom tune your original reflashed ECU? Also I will need an 08 ECU for Flashpro right?
everything that you fit to an engine has different effects on where the engine makes power in the rev range so you need tunable engine management (flashpro/kpro) to get the most from each bolt on. you will also need it to tune for knocks etc, making the engine run as smooth as possible.

the reflash as i understand just improves the standard map. it does not compensate for additional bolt ons.

also you will need flashpro or kpro to tune the VTC advance.

flashpro will need the 07-08 tsx ecu to be used.

hope that makes sense.

i am by no means an expert in the field of tuning but thats how i understand it from what ive learnt from my research and asking questions on here :)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
It is possible to do it yourself, but it it is much more possible to screw something up. I personally am going to do an e tune from vitviper when I get the money because for the best package you get at minimum 6 updates on your tune based on the datalogs you send them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whats the new latest and greatest on a turbo kit? Still a custom DIY?
I like the idea of the supercharger but 4 grand for 50 HP? I think a turbo would have better gains for probably the same price.
Anyone run the supercharger? Any input?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
That 50hp is just from bolting it on a stock setup. After a few tweaks Honda Tuning mag was able to get 340hp using the comptech sc. Turbo from what I have seen is still a custom job.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Whats the new latest and greatest on a turbo kit? Still a custom DIY?
I like the idea of the supercharger but 4 grand for 50 HP? I think a turbo would have better gains for probably the same price.
Anyone run the supercharger? Any input?
Not to burst your bubble, but I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself. First figure out what your goals are' relative to your budget and reality. From your first post, it seemed like you wanted to go the N/A route given the pullies and flywheel. Now it seems like you want to go F/I.

Everyone has different goals, and within that, subgoals. Some go F/I for the power while retaining driveabiity, some want a dyno queen, others mix and match the 2..so dont discredit an s/c setup, which if done right, members on here have gotten in the 300whp range. Thats well over a 50whp increase.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not to burst your bubble, but I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself. First figure out what your goals are' relative to your budget and reality. From your first post, it seemed like you wanted to go the N/A route given the pullies and flywheel. Now it seems like you want to go F/I.

Everyone has different goals, and within that, subgoals. Some go F/I for the power while retaining driveabiity, some want a dyno queen, others mix and match the 2..so dont discredit an s/c setup, which if done right, members on here have gotten in the 300whp range. Thats well over a 50whp increase.
I've been in a big debate with myself and my wife on the ultimate goal for this car. It's paid off and we have a truck that we drive most of the time, so its more of a fun project for me. The hard part for me is that there's only so much that you can do for this car.
Ultimately driveability is my main concern. Even with a CAI and cat back this car is extremely fun to drive, great on gas, and really comfortable. I was hoping with the s/c I would be able to maintain alot more driveability than with a turbo setup. If I can justify the gains, budget really isnt too much of a problem, thats why i was looking into both setups. If it starts getting too complicated I can stop with the list I have right now, with the addition of engine management, and be completely satisfied as long as its still fun to drive.

Edit: I just read the Honda Tuning article jvillefinest mentioned on the s/c and from how it sounds as long as you have the tuning done right you can maintain driveability but really open it up if you want to go fast. Back to what you mentioned about the pullies and flywheel. I dont know a whole lot about the subject but is it the same as turbos that with s/c you want heavier flywheel?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.