Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
Outside lines up I believe
But will have to.swap internals
but i also think its easier to just swap everything into your existing set.

also, if you found a wiring diagram lmk!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Keep in mind with JDM powerfolding mirrors, the bases are angled different for LHD and RHD cars. I experienced this issue swapping in PF mirrors in my 94 Accord. Everything works perfectly, but one side will fold in more than the other because of the differences in angles of the bases.

If you keep the bases from the JDM mirrors, then you'll have the wrong glass and the mirror visibility is greatly reduced because you are using mirrors designed for a RHD car in a LHD car.

Solution? Find a set of powerfolding mirrors from an EDM LHD Accord :p

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
Keep in mind with JDM powerfolding mirrors, the bases are angled different for LHD and RHD cars. I experienced this issue swapping in PF mirrors in my 94 Accord. Everything works perfectly, but one side will fold in more than the other because of the differences in angles of the bases.

If you keep the bases from the JDM mirrors, then you'll have the wrong glass and the mirror visibility is greatly reduced because you are using mirrors designed for a RHD car in a LHD car.

Solution? Find a set of powerfolding mirrors from an EDM LHD Accord :p
haha its so true and i learned this recently lol

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
it's not that bad. Racing Gear did not swap out internals, he was driving with RHD mirrors. I asked him about it, he said you just need to lean over a bit when switching from the right--> left lane, which is what i've been doing and I have been fine.

The functionality I got from power folding and the blue glass outweighs the small visibility issue. I also lost heating function, but I don't drive my car in the rain or snow, so not a big deal for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.