Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
whatever
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a repost or you have seen it already
one of my earliest posts on the other site

If you ever wonder how come there's no TSX commercial...well it's here...kind of...and one is rather long
Warning: VARY Japanese :D - dialup unfriendly

enjoy

Honda Commercial

Honda Commercial II

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,087 Posts
I don't think either one is a repost -- at least I never saw either one before.

In the second one, isn't that guy tailgating? Or else it looks like he's getting towed! :jeffy:

And I discovered that I understand at least 2 words of Japanese: Apparently the Japanese word for Accord is Accord, and the Japanese word for wagon is wagon. :D

And at the beginning, you'd swear he starts out saying, "What time is it?" Then pretty soon, he says "Ooh la la." :nod:

·
whatever
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like Aaahhhkood
and I think the real correct pronounciation is HON-TA

·
whatever
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is it still the Cat/Mouse one ? that one's so lame.....RSX & TL got better ones.

The Cat/Mouse commercial is probably the reason a lot, or so it seems, TSX owners are women.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
larchmont said:
I don't understand it.

Maybe that's because it never gets my attention until about 4 seconds before the end.
That cat/dog chase commercial does show how the TSX handles around turns, but as the perfect gateway car, I am not sure about that....though I like that commercial.
1blue1.gif

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,087 Posts
II TSX II said:
wow... they've got a 4wd option?!
Hmmm. Two questions:

-- How do you know? (I guess it's somewhere in that Japanese stuff?) :D

-- Is that car the same as what's called the "Euro Accord," i.e. the prototype of the TSX? Or is it the "other" Accord?
(I know from our Aussie members that at least over there, they have two different Accords, only one of which is the Euro.)

If it's the one that's like the TSX, then obviously there's a strong chance the option would be added on the TSX, soon.

I suspect it's not the one that's like the TSX, because if it were, I think we'd have heard plenty about it.

·
Guitar and Amp Junkie
465 Posts
larchmont said:
Hmmm. Two questions:

-- How do you know? (I guess it's somewhere in that Japanese stuff?) :D

-- Is that car the same as what's called the "Euro Accord," i.e. the prototype of the TSX? Or is it the "other" Accord?
(I know from our Aussie members that at least over there, they have two different Accords, only one of which is the Euro.)

If it's the one that's like the TSX, then obviously there's a strong chance the option would be added on the TSX, soon.

I suspect it's not the one that's like the TSX, because if it were, I think we'd have heard plenty about it.

Hey larch, I was under the impression that the "other Accord" in Australia was the same as the Honda Accord over here in the US. Are you saying there might be a third Accord? :donno:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,087 Posts
Ferg said:
Hey larch, I was under the impression that the "other Accord" in Australia was the same as the Honda Accord over here in the US. Are you saying there might be a third Accord? :donno:
That was never clear to me, and when I posted on this thread indeed I was feeling fuzzy on it.

I just went back (to other threads) and checked where Thorn2004 posted some links. Here's the link to that "other" car in Australia:

http://www.honda.com.au/showroom1/accord/index.htm

It is indeed called an "Accord." Our Aussie friends seem usually to refer to it as "V6 Accord" to differentiate it from the "Accord Euro."

But what is it exactly? I don't think it's ever been made clear on this site if it's basically the same as the N.A. Accord.
Looks like it could well be.

·
whatever
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
II TSX II said:
wow... they've got a 4wd option?!
yup, 20EL (K20 engine)

20EL
All Accords

4WD model costs $2k more than FF model and it's got a wiper on the rear window !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.