Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I plan to tackle this install this coming week. I found the sticky for the installation link. but the instructions for JDM (ebay) link is no longer available. :donno: can someone reupload?

or just tell me how to power my ebay fogs haha (I plan on using HIDs for fogs):dr:

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
I've been telling people to tap into the parking light on the driver side. Your kit will probably have the "Lignition" wire with it. That is the wire you want to tap into the 12v source of the side marker. This way, you have a power source and you can turn on the fogs with out the headlights being on.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if youre lazy like me, you can connect the power wire to the battery and ground the wire on the radiator plate and call it a day
Would i need to get an inline fuse? and I don't get how this connects to the relay. :nervous:

I've been telling people to tap into the parking light on the driver side. Your kit will probably have the "Lignition" wire with it. That is the wire you want to tap into the 12v source of the side marker. This way, you have a power source and you can turn on the fogs with out the headlights being on.
where can I find this wire and how does it connect to the relay?

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
Would i need to get an inline fuse? and I don't get how this connects to the relay. :nervous:
The kit comes with all you need. It includes an inline fuze that comes off the battery.

where can I find this wire and how does it connect to the relay?
The kit will have it in the harness. It will have a tag that has "Lignition" on it. Usually with a plug on the end. But you just take and snip off the plug and splice it into the side marker.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bigburton, I was outside in the cold trying to get them to work.. =/ no luck if I had to come inside and ask.

So if I take the Lgnition and extend that to the battery. and the green wire out to the other green wire. would that work?

Also, theres a ground wire for the kit and a ground wire for the switch, do I ground both? and where can I ground the switch one inside?

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
i bought an ebay foglight kit for my RSX, i didnt have to use the relay kit or the switch for that matter.

all i did was cut the wire, there is a ground wire(Black) and a power wire that should be linked to the actual foglight plug. all i did was cut the power wire and combined it with the parking light, and the negative wire i connected to the radiator hose. i threw away the relay/switch, saved me 10 ounces of extra unnecessary weight.. :)

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=679866

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
bigburton, I was outside in the cold trying to get them to work.. =/ no luck if I had to come inside and ask.

So if I take the Lgnition and extend that to the battery. and the green wire out to the other green wire. would that work?

Also, theres a ground wire for the kit and a ground wire for the switch, do I ground both? and where can I ground the switch one inside?
The grounds = Yes, ground both. This will ground your fog light system so it works. The switch ground is what will make it a full circuit and allow the switch to light up when the lights are on and also when the fog lights are on.

My kit did not have any green wires involved. Take a picture and I'll try to help to the best of my ability.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the switch lit up, however, my fogs did not. (=.=') I have tried every combination of how the wires COULD go and it doesnt work. I even flipped the wires for the ballast around to make sure i didn't get them on the wrong way. nope. nothing.

sooo frustrated! I've spent the entire day on.. almost 8 hours or so. sigh...

It better be crappy ballast and bulbs, because i'd be even more pissed off if it were faulty wires. I'm taking this in to a friend or something tomorrow.

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
the switch lit up, however, my fogs did not. (=.=') I have tried every combination of how the wires COULD go and it doesnt work. I even flipped the wires for the ballast around to make sure i didn't get them on the wrong way. nope. nothing.

It better be crappy ballast and bulbs, because i'd be even more pissed off if it were faulty wires. I'm taking this in to a friend or something tomorrow.
One thing to check is to see if your relay clicks when you hit the switch. If it does, the wiring for your fog lights is good. Then you would move on to looking into the ballast and bulbs.

If you lived closer, I'd help in a heartbeat, but Chicago is a long drive from my region.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts

do the test on the battery, put the negative wire on the negative battery and the positive wire on the red power battery.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh so thats where the clicking was coming from! Haha, I thought it was my ballast or something that was clicking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts