Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase these JDM headlights, if anyone is parting out or has a spare lying around.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i bought my OEM Stanleys from this seller on ebay and they looked almost brand new. Came complete with bumper brackets, ballasts, bulbs, etc... $420 shipped is a pretty good price.

Make sure if you do it to swap over your US projectors, otherwise your low beam cutoff will be reversed throwing light into oncoming traffic while you have less visibility on the passenger side where the US beam pattern cutoff helps you see deer on the side of the road.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply, I will contact this seller. His current description doesn't say anything about ballast or bulbs, but i'll see.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The listing i bought said nothing about them either but mine looked like they just pulled the light and cut the wires to everything. i have the sockets for everything with a few inches of wires, dust covers for both high/low beams, and it even had some decent osram D2S bulbs in it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The listing i bought said nothing about them either but mine looked like they just pulled the light and cut the wires to everything. i have the sockets for everything with a few inches of wires, dust covers for both high/low beams, and it even had some decent osram D2S bulbs in it.
If the images on that listing are the actual headlights being sold and not just a placeholder, those are non-HID units. You can tell by the fact it lists an H1 bulb for both high and low beams on the back of the housing.

OP, make sure you either clarify with whatever selling you're dealing with or that the housings specifically say "12V35W-D2S" in them. Not all are HID equipped. As to whether or not the two versions do or don't use the same projector unit I'm unsure.

·
Registered
237 Posts
good catch! I had no idea there were halogen low beam JDM lights for the CL7 and CL9. i guess i got lucky, mine even came with ballasts so i didn't even have to bother swapping them over. Really you should be swapping your USDM projectors over anyways so it shouldn't be a deal breaker assuming they use the same mounts inside the headlight so you can bolt up your existing HID projectors.

·
Registered
324 Posts
good catch! I had no idea there were halogen low beam JDM lights for the CL7 and CL9. i guess i got lucky, mine even came with ballasts so i didn't even have to bother swapping them over. Really you should be swapping your USDM projectors over anyways so it shouldn't be a deal breaker assuming they use the same mounts inside the headlight so you can bolt up your existing HID projectors.
Just the CL8/CL9 could be found with both halogen and HID variants depending on the market, all CL7 are HID with black chrome housings, but yep you get the point. They should use the same bulb mounting configuration going by the design of the projectors, so swapping in shouldn't be an issue as you pointed out.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey guys, thanks for the info. I had not come back to this post and went on and bought....Had to do some drilling and sealing but it came out good. I did change out the projectors and all....Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts