Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I got in a set of JDM headlights. They are extremely clean, they seems almost brand new. They are for sale if anyone is interested as I already have a set on my car. Cost on them is $550. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Attachments

·
TSX of the Month Winner
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chyllintsx said:
bro u should take that apart and get that corner piece into production, ull make wonders...
hahha, be my guest.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
i wish i knew a place to get it produced my friend i wish i knew... i also wish i had 550 to buy these hahah... dont worry when people wake up, you will see like 9000 posts for these... good luck

·
TSX of the Month Winner
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Japan
Knox said:
Normally, where can you buy these new? Just curious.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
chyllintsx said:
bro u should take that apart and get that corner piece into production, ull make wonders...
no one will commit to produce less than 500 pieces, each - too much time inolved to set everything up. So you'd have to invest your money into 500 sets, which I guarantee you would never sell. The most of what you could sell, if lucky, would be 50 sets. Now do the math

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
Peregrine said:
no one will commit to produce less than 500 pieces, each - too much time inolved to set everything up. So you'd have to invest your money into 500 sets, which I guarantee you would never sell. The most of what you could sell, if lucky, would be 50 sets. Now do the math
Nah I would say you could sell atleast 100-150 sets but never 500 so its still not worth it.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
^ an also, changing that piece ain't easy. I thought you just open the headlight and swap it, but i saw Pete did alot more work than that. So even if it's avaliable, there might not be alot of people willing to go through all that trouble to do it....

it ain't like the clear corners on a celica or something...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,486 Posts
Always wanted to get these headlights but they are always so damn expensive!!

Makes the cars a whole lot cleaner with the ambers on the sides out.

Benz is right...you have to pry our headlights apart and then swap the clears in and then bake the headlights and re-glue them back again. This process needs baking before and after to finish the project....too much work!! :)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
exactly why I said that maybe 50 sets would sell, if lucky, ever - ppl wouldn't want to bother with baking their lights. It's not a lot of work after that, so the problem is just baking

·
TSX of the Month Winner
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
chyllintsx said:
yo... i no guys... it was jsut a thought... and pete did more then swap the corners anyway
so nobody is interested? They are still just sitting here in my office. They are lonely and need a new home. no one wants to adopt them.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,486 Posts
If they were a bit more affordable people would take them...but of course that's the going rate so its a bit too expensive for many for just headlgihts...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
Peregrine said:
That's just it; the OEM vendor for JDM/EDM market Accords is already producing them in the tens of thousands; they should just market them in the US.......

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,461 Posts
LannyM said:
That's just it; the OEM vendor for JDM/EDM market Accords is already producing them in the tens of thousands; they should just market them in the US.......
Maybe some one should email them and tell them there is a internet board with people who want them in the states and we need would post there business as a banner if they would sell them to the states!
Jay

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
no use. I contacted the manufacturer of this part about a month ago. They said they manufacture and sell this part exclusively to their customer (Honda), and are bound by their contract not to sell it to any other entities. And Honda will not sell this part alone. The smallest component they can sell is the entire headlight, and we all know how much they want for that...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts