Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TSX Sold! Hello STi!
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this thread has been discussed before, but I'm new to the forum... Anywho, for all the blokes that have the JDM headlights on their whips, where did you get them from, and about how much did they cost (w/ and w/o shipping)? Are they identical to the US spec ones sans the amber sidemarker so that the fitment (for body and bulbs) is perfect? Or are most of these JDM headlights I see on the boards just mods to the OEM housings?

Thanks... and please excuse my ignorance, eh?

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
welcome to the club!!!

for the JDM headlight...just the side marker is different..
OEM is orange in colour....JDM is just somewhat close to transparent
other stuff like bulbs, holes, are identical...

·
oh so so fresh
118 Posts
I still believe that the question is yet to be answered. Maybe someone actually knows where to buy it from? I tried searching for it online, but nothing came up. So, just like amadeus303 i am curious as well.

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
bufo said:
I know of two places that carry them.

http://www.boomplustoys.net/jdm_accord.shtml

and

http://www.polepositionproducts.com/jdmhonda/cl7.htm

I think fitment is good, you can email them to verify. But I also think that these JDM headlights are aimed differently because the driver side is the opposite of ours.
Since the Japanese drive on the left side of the road, the beam patterns are different from those used in the US. The opposite, in fact. If you use Japanese or UK headlights in the US, you'll be blinding oncoming traffic and not illuminating the right side of the road very well.

What you might want to look into is continental European headlights, aka "E-Codes". I have "E-Codes" on my Porsche and Volvo and they weren't very expensive although they're standard halogens, not HIDs. I believe this has been discussed at length in the past either here or at "that other" TSX board. Everything is possible given the application of a suitable amount of time and money.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,878 Posts
Well since the headlights are self adjustable with a screw driver you will not be blinding anyone you just have to adjust them to look like the US ones you are replaceing. I have already ordered mine like 2 weeks ago so they should be here in another 2 months or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts