Acura TSX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
no it will not

and the section its under is the jdm accord section hense the h22 mani being there and parts for the tsx

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
:confused: yup .. ~ my frd had tried .. ~ it wont fit ~
did u do any modification of the head to make it fit ?
cuz so far i kno no one has accomplish such swaping .. ~
even in Jap ~

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
I was about to question the legitimacy of the modification. Indeed, I'd like to see more detailed information on how this was achieved.

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
umm... no... and the CL7(k20 series) short intake headers will not fit on the on the tsx(cl9 k24 series) head which uses the long intake runners, unless you are the small handfull of people that are running the the k24block with the k20r head, now thats a completley different storry

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
SAZABI said:
is that possible to run K20A head on K24A?
how about the computer?
and what is the gain approximately do u guys know?
yup ... it's possible .. but u then have to use K20A ECU and u have to give up the DBW system ~
it will roughly give u abt 180whp or more .. ~ one RSX base did get 190whp with this set up .. ~
but i smell :bs: if there is no modification with the K20A-R cam in K24A2
and even if it does ... TSX cant kick RSX-S's ass simply with a cam swap ~
that slightly increase in peroformance cant make up the extra 300lb we got ~

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
if what thegreatpetah says is true, i am going to work double hours this week and get some dinero for some cams...please tell me this actually works!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Andynolife said:
if there is no modification with the K20A-R cam in K24A2
and even if it does ... TSX cant kick RSX-S's ass simply with a cam swap ~
that slightly increase in peroformance cant make up the extra 300lb we got.
A very true and accurate statement. Thus in reflect to my response ... This is not something I'd advocate doing as well.

·
Registered
283 Posts
SAZABI said:
how about computer???

Word... you say you got the VAFCII hooked up, but yet no wiring diagram is available. You want people to believe you, post up pics and a wiring diagram and maybe others will start believing. Getting someone to pin out all the wires would take forever and plenty of $$$$.
I could say all kinds of things about my ride, but why would anyone believe me unless I could show or prove it somehow.
Prove everyone wrong and post pics.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
thegreatpetah said:
im kind enough to tell you it works, hoping this will open this mystery. and i was about to tell you the little modifications needed to get the cams in, but now, haha, you can go find out yourselves.
You've contradicted yourself about how it is a simple "plug-n-play" replacement/modification. It is not PnP when you need to subject it to whatever modifications. If I've given you clear negative light on your comments on this, I've made that not based on theory, but in light of true reality.

Opening up the block to do whatever work to me is serious business, if you truly want to give your open and full thoughts. Please do it without reserves, I will subject to have your comments deleted if you don't. Not because I'm interested in how it's done or I have any ill feelings towards you. But it serves as a serious note to people not to attempt or copy your thoughts and modifications on something very technical without full knowledge in adverse reaction that they can ultimately cause damage to their engine.

And to give you a genuine care of opinion, I suggest you do a compression and leak down test as soon as possible. Which I cannot comprehend or understand why your able mechanic did not recommend or immediately thought about doing so. Especially after you clearly mentioned; "Firing up a car with cams not known to the setup and having funny sounds". As you've so mentioned that could've just put some serious damage into your block. Without being visually seen, it doesn't mean nothing is broken.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.