Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do a JDM K24a swap as my K24A2 is showing its age, burning a lot of oil. The motor is still healthy still pulls but its burning a lot of oil.
In order to do the JDM K24a swap is it a straight drop in or are there things that I should be looking out for?

·
Registered
18 Posts
From what I understand, it's completely different. Your K24A2 has 3-lobe VTEC while the K24A is just intake side.

With that being said, you'd at least need a new wiring harness, and probably a different ECU. K24A2's aren't that expensive anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What if its the K24A with the 3 lobe cams? From what i've looked at it has to be the 3 lobe cammed K24A that just a straight swap in

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe only the k20a has a 3-lobe VTEC head as far as JDM engines are concerned. The RBB head only applies to the K24A2. If it’s an RBB head, then you should be fine.

Send a link/photos. That will help.

·
Registered
373 Posts
@_Sam where are you getting this info from? Regardless.... It's wrong. I've put a JDM K24A into a TSX... Twice. No offense meant.
@HunnyBuilt there are JDM K24A's that work in the TSX. Before you purchase, ask the seller to pull the valve cover off and send you a pic of the cams. If they have 3 lobes per cylinder on both cams, it's the right engine.
With that said, ONLY the long block transfers. The water jacket and accessories do not work with the TSX. I've answered this question multiple times, if you crawl through my post history or search K24A with my username you'll find all the details that make it work. Hint: you don't need a new wiring harness. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@_Sam where are you getting this info from? Regardless.... It's wrong. I've put a JDM K24A into a TSX... Twice. No offense meant.
@HunnyBuilt there are JDM K24A's that work in the TSX. Before you purchase, ask the seller to pull the valve cover off and send you a pic of the cams. If they have 3 lobes per cylinder on both cams, it's the right engine.
With that said, ONLY the long block transfers. The water jacket and accessories do not work with the TSX. I've answered this question multiple times, if you crawl through my post history or search K24A with my username you'll find all the details that make it work. Hint: you don't need a new wiring harness. Good luck!
@shandalo So all my current accessories, ECU and wiring harness all work with that specific K24A?

·
Registered
373 Posts
@shandalo So all my current accessories, ECU and wiring harness all work with that specific K24A?
Correct. Strip the new engine down to bare long block, including removing the water jacket it comes with, move all your stuff over. There is also a sensor on the USDM vtec solenoid not present on the new engine's solenoid, remove the plug, install the sensor. A couple of other small things I can't remember at the moment. If you don't find the info beforehand, no worries, you'll notice during install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Correct. Strip the new engine down to bare long block, including removing the water jacket it comes with, move all your stuff over. There is also a sensor on the USDM vtec solenoid not present on the new engine's solenoid, remove the plug, install the sensor. A couple of other small things I can't remember at the moment. If you don't find the info beforehand, no worries, you'll notice during install.
@shandalo awesome! Thanks for the tip
Another question is the TSX type s the same motor as the USDM version, with the 3 lobes?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts