Acura TSX Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
The JDM k24A has 200hp and about 173ft torque while the 04 to 05 TSX k24A2 has 200hp and 165ft torque and the 06 to 08 TSX has 205hp and 165ft all 3 of them has 3lobe..the k24A3 and up are the less favorite engine for anyone.
Ooooooo... Sorry Im new, just subscribed, been looking around everywhere and plan on buying a ebay k24a2 motor, strictly cause I thought and read that previous comment saying the A2 was the "true 3 lobe". Sounds like I need to go the k24a eh? Those ebay motors seem to be majority k24a. My first honda, Ive done diesel before and currently another one, Man tearing apart this little honda is FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. I can see why you guys get addicted to these little things.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ooooooo... Sorry Im new, just subscribed, been looking around everywhere and plan on buying a ebay k24a2 motor, strictly cause I thought and read that previous comment saying the A2 was the "true 3 lobe". Sounds like I need to go the k24a eh? Those ebay motors seem to be majority k24a. My first honda, Ive done diesel before and currently another one, Man tearing apart this little honda is FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. I can see why you guys get addicted to these little things.
Both the K24A2 and JDM K24A are 3-lobe VTEC.

·
Registered
251 Posts
There are different types of the K24a, some do not have 3 lobe i-VTEC. The JDM accord/TSX actually comes with both variants :)
The CU2 platform K24A is pretty much identical to the K24Z3, which is intake side only. The CL9 platform K24A is pretty much identical to the K24A2, which is 3-lobe.

·
Registered
721 Posts
The CU2 platform K24A is pretty much identical to the K24Z3, which is intake side only. The CL9 platform K24A is pretty much identical to the K24A2, which is 3-lobe.
This is correct :) . I'm just saying be careful as some K24a are only a 160PS 157hp.

Here's a picture from my brochure I have 🙂. So just be careful and don't get one with a black intake cover.
Font Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Automotive tire

21 - 27 of 27 Posts