Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Acura TSX A/T
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm preparing to install power folding mirrors in my car. That means I have to retrofit the JDM power folding mirror switch to the USDM heated mirror switch, so I bought the JDM switch from Yahoo Auctions. I thought the JDM switch was special because of the switch reversing the polarity, but after desoldering the PCBS on both switches, I found out the reverse polarity switch is just two terminals on the toggle switch while the USDM only has one. This means you can make a JDM switch with 2 USDM switches! Except the logo won't be as cool as the JDM switch.

Hand Peripheral Input device Camera lens Camera accessory
Automotive design Tints and shades Gadget Font Automotive exterior

Finger Gesture Font Thumb Nail

Taking apart the switch was a pain. After searching around the web on disassembling the switch, I found this website of some dude replacing all the interior lights with LEDs. The toggle switch cover was a PITA and found out you can poke something blunt through a hole to pop it out. Don't do what I did in the photo lol.
The contact points look the same. Acura left a terminal out while Honda had two.

the q-tip is flux lol

I thought you could just install the JDM switch into the car and call it a day, but I thought harder and realized the mirror adjustments are going to be flipped. So I swapped PCBs and made a Frankenstein mirror switch; JDM housing with the toggle switch with the USDM PCB.

Camera lens Automotive tire Reflex camera Digital camera Wood

The switch logo being upside-down bugs the hell out of me. Making my plastic modeling skills to good use, I rotated the power folding mirror to the correct orientation and used a post from a spare switch, and super glued it.

Car alarm Hand Finger Camera lens Digital camera

After sanding and doing some adjustments, the folding mirror switch is now USDM-fied. This would've probably been easier if I bought a Europe switch...

·
Registered
2007 Acura TSX A/T
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, bad news. I found out the JDM housing was unique and completely different from the USDM one. You can't reverse the polarity by just adding two terminals. Whoops...

I ended up putting back the JDM PCB to the JDM housing, and the poles changed when I switched the button on and off. Tested with the power folding mirrors that I got recently, and they work. As a redemption, I'll bring up wiring diagrams when I get to do it.
Handwriting Font Material property Writing Paper
Circuit component Passive circuit component Finger Electronic component Electronic engineering
Bicycle part Audio equipment Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Engineering

1 - 2 of 2 Posts