·
Low Is A Lifestyle
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Why? Less torque and a peakier power band. Get K-Pro with just a dyno tune you got more power than a K20A Type-R. Just my thought

·
Low Is A Lifestyle
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i'm correct, they already have turbo kits for it. kpro + custom turbo kit will be about 2k + 6-9k = 8-10k. engine plus aftermarket turbo kit will be about 3100 + 4-6k = 7100-9100.... give or take some, but yea. and there's a lot more aftermarket support on the k20a engine.... lol and it's a type r engine.

·
Low Is A Lifestyle
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and the actual euro R in japan has this engine in it, and puts out more power than our k24s... not sure how though...

·
Not JDM
1,893 Posts
we could put 10 grand into our motors and get over 300HP all motor with obviously more torque than any K20 can offer

·
Low Is A Lifestyle
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol... ermmm... k20a is the rsx engine. i've seen 500-600hp rsxs so idk what you're talking about bud... i just put this up on the thread bc its a great opportunity... these engines go for about 5 or 6 grand in this condition.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Has 12hp more than 2006+ TSX but like 15ft/lb less tq. And 17hp more than 2004-2005 TSX. But European rating is not comparable to current SAE rating. But with the current SAE rating for the 2006-2008 K24's 205 is like 220PS. So there is no power gains from going to a Type-R K20A from a K24 from 2006-2008 TSX. Sorry

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
lol... ermmm... k20a is the rsx engine. i've seen 500-600hp rsxs so idk what you're talking about bud... i just put this up on the thread bc its a great opportunity... these engines go for about 5 or 6 grand in this condition.
I've seen a few 600hp K24's with more tq than those K20's you speak of so whats your point. No point of going to a smaller displacement engines in a TSX no matter if it is a Type-R K20

·
Not JDM
1,893 Posts
ok, you dont know where i am coming from, thats fine... and i have no doubt in my mind that that motor cant be build to 500+ HP like any other motor ever built LOLz but there are 2 engines, a K20a and a K24a2... we have a K24a2, why swap a new motor when you can just build the one you already have?
you spend money to buy a motor that has less power per say, just to spend more on it again? where is the logic in that?
i know what those motors go for and how good of an opportunity it is for someone to get for that price, but its its capable of all the things you are saying, why dont you buy it?

my point is that no one with a TSX will buy this motor for their TSX, thats all. Maybe for another car, but dont worry, I'll be sure to refer this to a friend

·
Not JDM
1,893 Posts
I've seen a few 600hp K24's with more tq than those K20's you speak of so whats your point. No point of going to a smaller displacement engines in a TSX no matter if it is a Type-R K20
Has 12hp more than 2006+ TSX but like 15ft/lb less tq. And 17hp more than 2004-2005 TSX. But European rating is not comparable to current SAE rating. But with the current SAE rating for the 2006-2008 K24's 205 is like 220PS. So there is no power gains from going to a Type-R K20A from a K24 from 2006-2008 TSX. Sorry
:werd:Well said ThirdLane...

also... ive see 500HP+ B16s, doesnt mean i plan to drop one in seeing how they are relatively cheaper than a K20a-R

·
Low Is A Lifestyle
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol... i mean i see where everyone is coming from, but w.e... and for the statement asking me to buy it.. i dont have the money, and i wanna wait and see if any aftermarket companies make turbo kits for our cars now that k-pro is out.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
lol... i mean i see where everyone is coming from, but w.e... and for the statement asking me to buy it.. i dont have the money, and i wanna wait and see if any aftermarket companies make turbo kits for our cars now that k-pro is out.
Its coming seeing only thing holding it back was the lack of an tuning solution(a viable one).

·
Not JDM
1,893 Posts
oh ok!
so how come you want turbo?? NA is more consistent in terms of performance. where as turbo, all depends on temperature, a good tune and a bunch of other things that can be complicated...

but seeing how you want to go turbo... nikos from K20a.org is selling K24a blocks for 1000 shipped. since you want to go turbo, just build the motor, and need low compression, that way you still have your car to drive around in, then install the new motor and sell the K24a2 and then maybe someone will post it like how you are posting the K20a-R ;) ;)

·
Low Is A Lifestyle
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lols... still dont got moneys tho :(

·
Not JDM
1,893 Posts
well for the future, you know where to get your power plant to run your turbo setup from ;)

·
Aloha Army
11,711 Posts
Its worthless getting a K20a if you already have the k24. Unless you do it for novelty reasons. The k20a makes more power. But thats because it has better components.

As for the turbo question. You can slap on any k series turbo kit. Theres already a thread that rev hard mani works. All you need is to customize the piping. Out of the box you can boost to 300+ without upgrading your engine. But I recommend low comp pistons and rods the very least. And with those you can hit 400+.

·
Low Is A Lifestyle
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hrm.. interesting. man, what happened to those like 2-4 people who said they got the k-pros.... i wanna see some setups lol.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts