Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an 05 ABP. I spent a good bit of time browsing the forum before I bought the car, but now I'm definitely looking forward to becoming part of the family.

jRut
Maryland

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
Welcome, there are TONS of useful treads on here. Any more pics? n

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
nice pickup!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome, there are TONS of useful treads on here. Any more pics? n
Yeah I've been using that search bar already haha. I scanned some threads and have already ordered my LED interior bulbs, and am in debate over staying legal at 35% tint, or going darker. Either way, lots of useful information to keep me busy at work :)

And at work now, but just ran out to take the photo when I saw the light was nice. Definitely excited to take some others and post though.

·
2,725 Posts
Awesome man. At or Mt???

I would get Hondata ASAP!!! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did read up on Hondata a little when I was looking at the RSX-S, but kind of disregarded it since the TSX is AT. Really - I'm thinking tint, killing the wheel gap (just springs/shocks for now since the tires they equipped it with are brand new), and hopefully picking up a Yakima roof rack from a guy off craigslist.

For the photo, I did snap a shot on my way home from work since I had my tripod. No edit yet, but I see a little potential from the raw image

·
2,725 Posts
Sounds good man. Looks like you have some work planed out.

Great pix also!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I installed the LEDs when they came in... holy, feels like such an upgrade. I'm really impressed with the results.

I went through SuperBrightLeds. Picked up
3022-xHP4 for the Map & Dome (Cool White)
T13-x6 (Cool White) for the License Plates
T13-x6 (Blue) for the doors

I completely forgot about the vanity lights until I went to use it today, but I'm not that concerned about it for now.

The Dome Comparison

Door Lights Before

Door Lights After

Mmmm Lovin it on the ABP

The interior lit at night has already impressed everyone that has seen the transformation... not a great picture, but gives an idea to anyone who is contemplating

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also, picked up the Yakima rack system off craigslist yesterday, and the fairing today. I was hoping to clean up the fairing a little bit to give it a deeper black shine... does anyone have any advice, as basic cleaner isn't working the way I want it to.

I was thinking about Mother's Back to Black. Since it works well on plastic black trim, maybe it will work on the fairing... I guess if nothing else, I can paint the whole thing and stencil the YAKIMA logo back onto it. Rather not do that if theres a better way though.

Pretty sure the system is old, but the price was right

·
Registered
168 Posts
what's the difference between "cool white", "warm white", and "xenon white" for the LEDs lol. That's been my gripe.........I can't tell which is best. I've heard warm white looks more OEM and such...

still crazy how bright them LEDs are at night haha.

and how come you only got the one with 4 SMD LEDs on it and not 6?

any pics of the license plate lights?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what's the difference between "cool white", "warm white", and "xenon white" for the LEDs lol. That's been my gripe.........I can't tell which is best. I've heard warm white looks more OEM and such...

still crazy how bright them LEDs are at night haha.

and how come you only got the one with 4 SMD LEDs on it and not 6?

any pics of the license plate lights?
I actually haven't installed the license plate LEDs yet, but I plan on getting to that today. I'll put a pic up.

I knew Warm White would have more of a yellowish, warm, tint. You're right that it would be similair to OEM. And since I wanted more of a bright, clean tint, I went with Cool White. And I could be wrong, but I don't think that Xenon was an option with the bulb that I picked.

Honestly, I'm really glad I went with 4 vs 6 LEDs. It's really bright, and really clean - just what I wanted. If you're sitting in the car and turn on the overheads, there is more than enough light to see. In fact, I feel like anything more would be overkill.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts