Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For thoses of you who wanted to see the pics of the exhaust here you go!

Enjoy

]

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
Wow that is absolutely sexy. to bad you need a jdm header to use it. those two combined would make your exhaust setup cost like 3200.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Can AJR explain why this exhaust is almost 25% dearer than the 60RS, when they're both the exact same price on J's website - ¥134,400 ?
The only dearer one is the dual exhaust, "coming shortly" for ¥176,400.
Did someone make a cock up on the website, or is this intentionally overpriced?

And those JDM prices are local taxes inc., not the export price either.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
PJS said:
Can AJR explain why this exhaust is almost 25% dearer than the 60RS, when they're both the exact same price on J's website - ¥134,400 ?
The only dearer one is the dual exhaust, "coming shortly" for ¥176,400.
Did someone make a cock up on the website, or is this intentionally overpriced?

And those JDM prices are local taxes inc., not the export price either.
Yes certainly.

Here are the following charges that will be or being added on top of the retail price.

1) Pick up charges (EX-WORK Charges) from J's Racing to shipping agent's ware house and from warehouse to Port.

2) Japanese Export custom clearances

3) Sea freight charges / fuel surcharge / insurance from Osaka Port to Vancouver Port

4) Import custom brokeage fees and custom duty

5) Bond fee, handling charge and delivery charge

Why don't you fly over to Japan and pick up the exhaust then you will get away with all the shipping charges :laugh:

One last thing is, exchange rate. If you go on XE.com then I think you are stupid but if you check with the bank for how much that you will be paying to buy (YEN) Japanese funds then you should be able to work out the math.

Cheers :) !

Ben
A&J Racing

·
Registered
455 Posts
Don't know what question you're answering, but let's try this again!
On YOUR website, you've the 60RS listed for $1550 CDN, and the 70RR listed for $1922 CDN - there's the 25% difference I was talking about.
On J's site - both exhausts are listed as ¥134,400 - 0% difference.
So, now that that's been explained, can you explain why you've decided to charge more for the 70RR when there is no intrinsic difference in price?

Like I said, if someone's made a cock-up and no-one's noticed - I have and you can correct it.
If you're taking the mick and chancing your arm, then fair play to you - all's fair in business and trade, isn't it?

FWIW, I'm more than happy with your dissemination of the additional costs incurred - those aren't in dispute. I'm just curious as to the price differential of the two exhausts when J's themselves charge no extra for whichever one you buy from them.

Your turn again. :grinno:

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,322 Posts
Take it easy, Guys :)
No Point to get angry

if you check under under Integra section. They post 70RR is state more expansive than 60RR.
That's have to be some typo on under Accord section.
Even S2000 & Civic section have different price between 60RR & 70RR
I would not believe J's Racing will set the price different under Accord only

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Maybe you are right. FX60RS and FX70RR have the same price. I will get our webmaster to check out our site tomorrow and if there's any discrapency, I will get the corrected A.S.A.P.

Sorry about the confusion :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Bender Unit said:
Take it easy, Guys :)
No Point to get angry
Anger?
Maybe you mistook YOUR (emphasised) as such, but that's all it implied - nothing else.
Ben thought I was querying the difference in ¥ vs $, hence I had to spell out what I was querying.

Bender Unit said:
if you check under under Integra section. They post 70RR is state more expansive than 60RR.
That's have to be some typo on under Accord section.
Even S2000 & Civic section have different price between 60RR & 70RR
I would not believe J's Racing will set the price different under Accord only
S2000 - 60RS=70RR in single and dual config.

J's Racing

J's Racing

·
Registered
455 Posts
AJ PwR said:
Maybe you are right. FX60RS and FX70RR have the same price. I will get our webmaster to check out our site tomorrow and if there's any discrapency, I will get the corrected A.S.A.P.

Sorry about the confusion :)
Fixed now - job's a goodun! :thumbsup:
That's been wrong for quite some time - only noticed now as I bothered to look at J's site with some interest.
Preferred the Amuse exhausts, but heard they're not the best quality and after sales service is non existent if something should happen.

No need for apologies - mistakes happen, but I'll keep you on your toes!! ;)

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
J's has made a recent change, Before they switched to the FX line the price of the 70 RR cost more than the 60 RS but now that the line has been change to the FX series the price for the 70 and the 60 are the same

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
^ that's nice to know!! If there's any ways of putting the 70RS w/out a JDM header, I am there!!! Or...a very cheap JDM header...HAHAHA

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tsx604 said:
I want to hear the sound of the 70RR! Must sound good in person. Mmmmm....very nice pictures.
I will try my best to get a sound clip for you guys sooooooon...:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the 60Rs on my TSX. At first it didnt seem very loud, but now i have to say it is LOUD!!!!! It sets off car alarms!!!!!! :mardi:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts