0-90 mph 16.7
0-100 mph 20.8
1/4 miles 16.0 sec @88.8 mph
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The MT car was a SIX SPEED manual.)

So now we have THREE test results:

1) The MOTOR TREND test above

2) CAR AND DRIVER:

0 -60 in 7.2 and the 1/4 mile in 15.6 @ 91.

and

3) 0 - 60 in 7.6 and the 1/4 mile in 15.9 @ 90 MPH

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2235a.shtml

Let's put those numbers in perspective (Fully loaded Chevy Trailblazer with AWD and automatic tranny):

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2033.shtml

Chrysler PT Cruiser:

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2210a.shtml

·
Registered
49 Posts
Man, I must admit you are very determined or obsessed with your comparisons.......Very amusing tho......

Can't wait to see what other vehicles you plan on comparing the TSX with!

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ebcheon said:
are you sure the C&D numbers are for the manual transmission? the 7.9 0-60 seems a bit high...
C&D got 7.2 secs.

MT got 7.9 secs.

Read the MT article; the test car was a SIX SPEED.

C&D probably had to dump the clutch @ ~ 4,500 RPM to get that time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You're one of those magazine readers. TSX is not that fast on the straightaway. It's comparable to its surrounding competitors, base entry level near luxury sedans. (A4 1.8t, C240, S40, BMW 325i)

Please stop posting things nobody cares about. Chevy trailblazer has decent accel for an SUV, but it's not the fastest. NOBODY CARES. Oh yea, EPA mileage ratings are not always recorded the same way by every manufacturer. The Corvette and Camaro mileage numbers are pure BS. I know it, you know it, stop pretending you don't.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TeC said:
You're one of those magazine readers. TSX is not that fast on the straightaway. It's comparable to its surrounding competitors, base entry level near luxury sedans. (A4 1.8t, C240, S40, BMW 325i)

Please stop posting things nobody cares about. Chevy trailblazer has decent accel for an SUV, but it's not the fastest. NOBODY CARES. Oh yea, EPA mileage ratings are not always recorded the same way by every manufacturer. The Corvette and Camaro mileage numbers are pure BS. I know it, you know it, stop pretending you don't.
I OWN an LS1/6 speed Z28. The car can EASILY deliver thoe figures (and better) when properly driven.

You should write a letter to the US Gov Environmental Protection Agency and let them know that those figures are "pure BS." THEY are the ones that came up with them (as they do for EVERY car sold in this country) and here is how they obtain them:

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/info.shtml#estimates

My Z28 registers an even 2,000 RPM @ 92 MPH in 6th gear...

Would you like me to explain to you how that strategy yields and excellent fuel economy:HP ratio?:confused:

·
Registered
112 Posts
No, I know low revs will get good fuel economy. If the engine can turn once to the wheel's turning 1000 times, that's extremely good economy, as long as it can keep the car moving. I hope you're cruising on the freeway nonstop so you can achieve this wonderful mileage.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TeC said:
No, I know low revs will get good fuel economy. If the engine can turn once to the wheel's turning 1000 times, that's extremely good economy, as long as it can keep the car moving. I hope you're cruising on the freeway nonstop so you can achieve this wonderful mileage.
The EPA rates it @ 19 CITY!

I get low to mid TWENTIES in MIXED driving! :eek: That's with 300 plus REAR WHEEL HP @ my disposal!:cool:

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TeC said:
Sure you do.
Well gee, I can (And often so) EASILY shift directly into 4th gear the moment I shift out of first...And it still pulls like a freightrain (@ ~ 800 RPM).

Accept the fact that you have NO IDEA what you are talking about and move on...

Thanks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I know everything about what I'm talking about. But I'm not going to tell you, because I want you to stay just as dumb as you are right now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
No I did know that. Your assuming I didn't is your biggest mental weakness. This is my last set of responses to you, because you're just worth the time.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
TeC said:
No I did know that. Your assuming I didn't is your biggest mental weakness. This is my last set of responses to you, because you're just worth the time.
You're on record stating that "GM is master of bullshit fuel efficiency numbers."

The direct implication is that GM "makes up" its own MPG ratings!:eek:

Your direct quote (3rd post down):

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=367

1 - 20 of 84 Posts