Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda/Acura Announces July 2008 Sales

American Honda Reports July Sales
Fit sets another all-time sales record; Honda car sales rise 6.7% for July record
08/01/2008 - TORRANCE, Calif. -

American Honda Motor Co., Inc., posted July total vehicle sales of 138,744, a daily-selling-rate basis* decline of 9.2 percent compared to July 2007 results.

Honda Division posted July sales of 125,916, a decline of 8.2 percent versus July 2007. The Fit sold an all-time record of 12,266, up 78.5 percent. Civic Hybrid broke its previous July record, set in 2006, with sales up 27.4 percent to 3,440, while the Accord increased 2.8 percent to 41,382.

"The uncertainties in the market have been quite profound in the past few weeks," said Dick Colliver, executive vice president of sales for American Honda. "We are adjusting our production to meet the rapidly changing needs of buyers and are confident these changes will provide the needed inventory as we move forward."

Honda total car sales of 82,976 increased by 6.7 percent to achieve a new July record. Honda light truck sales saw a decrease of 27.8 percent to 42,940.

The Acura Division posted sales of 12,828, a decrease of 17.7 percent* compared to July 2007. The division's all-new TSX continues to perform well with July sales up 15.9 percent to 3,474.

*The daily selling rate is calculated with 26 days for July 2008 and 24 days for 2007. All percentages reflect the daily selling rate.

Acura Announces July Sales Results
08/01/2008 - TORRANCE, Calif. -

For the third consecutive month, the all-new TSX remains Acura's best-selling vehicle. In July, TSX sales were 3,474 units, up 15.9 percent over July 2007 sales based on daily selling rate*. Total July sales for Acura were 12,828 units, down 17.7 percent versus 2007 sales.

"In a time when fuel economy is paramount, the all-new TSX delivers,"
said Dick Colliver, executive vice president of sales. "The 2009 TSX offers plenty of performance, customer relevant technology and luxury features, while also providing excellent fuel mileage."

Further evidence that four-cylinder power and smart packaging are in high demand, the turbocharged RDX crossover SUV set a new July sales record of 1,384 units. The TL performance luxury sedan posted sales of 3,961 vehicles making it the top selling Acura for July while RL luxury performance sedan sales tallied 532 units. Acura light truck sales for July were led by the MDX luxury SUV with 3,477 units. Acura year-to-date** sales are 90,742 units, down 14.8 percent versus 2007 sales.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just Sat in 1

I am currently @ the dealership waiting for service so I wandered over to the 2009 TSX. It definitely looks much better in person. The grill is not nearly as offensive as some pictures might suggest. The interior materials do seem inferior to my 2004 but by no means cheap EXCEPT the door handles. The interior door handles are made of plastic ... rather thin plastic for the function it serves. I can see people breaking these handles easily when in a rush. I cannot believe Acura approved this.

Overall, it looks like a solid car for the $$$ & am not surprised that it sells. The salesman said that they could not keep them on the lot & they had 1 2008 left.

The 2009 RL is in the sun & it is much too hot for me to inspect right now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.